Neil Alexander wins £84,000 from Rangers

Rangers have appealed an SPFL tribunal decision to award Neil Alexander £84,000 after he won a breach of contract claim against the club.

STV understands the former Ibrox goalkeeper was successful in proving to a panel recently that he was due the money as part of a contractual agreement which the club reneged upon.

Alexander, who now plays for Hearts, was due to receive an increase in wages and bonuses if his competitor for the number one jersey, Allan McGregor, left the club.

McGregor quit Rangers for Besiktas in 2012 after successfully terminating his contract when it was moved between two companies under TUPE regulation.

It is understood Rangers argued that McGregor did not technically "transfer" away from the club given the circumstances.

But the tribunal ruled he did, meaning Alexander's contract clause was valid.

A date is yet to be set for the appeal to be heard by a Scottish FA judicial panel.

Alexander started his fight for the money in December last year, with reports at the time suggesting he may use the civil court to argue his case.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/303747-scottish-fa-to-hear-appeal-as-neil-alexander-wins-84000-from-rangers/

Fair doos. Every penny out of the ****s pocket is good is it not?

Not sure I see the logic. It's not going to come out of the director's pockets. they aren't going to be any worse of because of this decision. Perhaps Ashley may need to lend us more but he's not going to lose from it. It will just bring the sale of our assets (players or property) that bit closer.

Not sure I see the logic. It's not going to come out of the director's pockets. they aren't going to be any worse of because of this decision. Perhaps Ashley may need to lend us more but he's not going to lose from it. It will just bring the sale of our assets (players or property) that bit closer.

[insults removed]

Edited by Frankie

I was being a little bit sarcastic mate hence my question mark. :)

If they are losing money hand over fist there will come a time where it just won't be worth their while.

Maybe Sooper Salary the wage thief will contribute some of his

I'll gotten gains? :fish:

Is there really any need for such silly name calling of the manager?

Leave that crap for our enemies who seem to revel in it please.

Is there really any need for such silly name calling of the manager?

Leave that crap for our enemies who seem to revel in it please.

It's got so bad now that our enemies are now calling him Super Ally and Ally the Legend etc etc even singing his name during games. That's the ultimate humiliation.

Edited by Super Cooper