IMHO, part of Ashley's dealings could well be down to finally giving his ego some silverware, a bit like SDM. He can get SD money from both Rangers and Newcastle without "owning" both clubs, he can reasonably only get silverware and probably some Euro fame* via us though. Whether that is what he is looking for is anyone's guess, but I still deem it as plausible as any other theory whipped up about him thus far.

@ Hildy ... the rumour is (FF et al) that Billy Davies is essentially a done deal. At this moment and time a 2 year deal to get us back to the top does not really need a "high calibre" chap who'd cost much money. And in any case, if we have 500 members on here who'd have to decide on a high calibre name, we'd come up with roughly 475 first choice candidates.

*I speak about him, not exactly SD.

EDIT: Regarding Llambias, that's the second time such an announcement gives monetary information, even though not as exact as they did with McCoist.

Edited by der Berliner

IMHO, part of Ashley's dealings could well be down to finally giving his ego some silverware, a bit like SDM. He can get SD money from both Rangers and Newcastle without "owning" both clubs, he can reasonably only get silverware and probably some Euro fame* via us though. Whether that is what he is looking for is anyone's guess, but I still deem it as plausible as any other theory whipped up about him thus far.

@ Hildy ... the rumour is (FF et al) that Billy Davies is essentially a done deal. At this moment and time a 2 year deal to get us back to the top does not really need a "high calibre" chap who'd cost much money. And in any case, if we have 500 members on here who'd have to decide on a high calibre name, we'd come up with roughly 475 first choice candidates.

You say "part of", what would the other part be ?

Edited by buster.

Ashley interested in silverware? LOL!

I see panto season has reached Berlin.

The only silver he's interested in is the stuff that jangles in his pockets.

EDIT: Regarding Llambias, that's the second time such an announcement gives monetary information, even though not as exact as they did with McCoist.

If he cared one iota about silverware he would have stumped up the cash to pay off the manager. If he cared about silverware he would be investing in our future. All he cares about is furthering SD and he will do the bare minimum to achieve that.