As I've already said Ashley has stated he will do what's best for Sports Direct which doesn't necessarily mean what's best for Rangers does it?

Did I say anywhere that Ashley will do what is best for Rangers, or is the best solution for Rangers? Did I say anywhere that Ashley isn't here for making money or furthering the interest of SD and himself?

Ashley is a hardcore capitalist and opportunist. No-one is debating that.

He can get money out of Rangers as things stand. If things stay as they are, he'll get less money out of Rangers and may bleed us dry. Is that what he usually does though? What he did with Newcastle? Is it by default wrong to assume that he will not like what Rangers bring to his name at this moment and time, money- and public attention-wise? Is it by default wrong to assume that Ashley would not like to add some silverware to his ego with a winning club, drawing attention to his name by being proclaimed "saviour of the fallen giant"? I'm not in Ashley's mind and thus will not give as a definite an answer as some other posters do.

Just to say it again: Ashley is an Evil no-one wants at the club. He's a different Evil than Whyte, Green and to some extent Murray was though. He's a different Evil than the one who ran the club this last year or so. As things stand though, with King out of the equation at this moment and time, he is the ONE EVIL that CAN keep the club alive. That is very different to what we had since 2011. Hence my remark about Ashley being different to the various "rapist" thus far. If I had a choice, I'd would want to see him leave yesterday. That choice is not available though. For the time being, we have to live with Ashley and can only assume what he's looking for here, as Rangers FC is in many ways not Newcastle United FC.

People can obviously scream "rapist" at him all day long, and they are in many ways right. Why should one stop there though and do not ask what else might be of interest to him? Or is there a requirement to give a Cato-like statement after each such explanation attempt? Such as Ceterum censeo, Ashley esse repellendam! or the like? Just to make sure one's not suddenly put into the pro-Ashley faction?

No but he's there in the stadium every game wearing the club's colours.

Which might tell you that - despite all the attacks by the more notorious flocks of Magpies - he might have grown a liking for Newcastle United? Not that I see the point in him being at Ibrox at this moment and time, with his status very much in the firing line. Do we need an "owner" clad in Rangers tartan at our home games, or do we need an owner who knows how to run a football club and has the finances to do so - not necessarily Ashley. Preferrably, we want both. We'll see how to- ... day works out and what can and will be decided. Then we can debate on that wishlist a little further.

Which might tell you that - despite all the attacks by the more notorious flocks of Magpies - he might have grown a liking for Newcastle United? Not that I see the point in him being at Ibrox at this moment and time, with his status very much in the firing line. Do we need an "owner" clad in Rangers tartan at our home games, or do we need an owner who knows how to run a football club and has the finances to do so - not necessarily Ashley. Preferrably, we want both. We'll see how to- ... day works out and what can and will be decided. Then we can debate on that wishlist a little further.

Ashley is an Evil no-one wants at the club

you've summed it up pretty neatly.

........ Deleting earlier reply as there's no point in repeating the same thing year after year. Pity, not clear and obvious reasoning, is called for, especially when the latter is automatically dismissed as erroneous.

Edited by SteveC

Did I say anywhere that Ashley will do what is best for Rangers, or is the best solution for Rangers? Did I say anywhere that Ashley isn't here for making money or furthering the interest of SD and himself?

Ashley is a hardcore capitalist and opportunist. No-one is debating that.

He can get money out of Rangers as things stand. If things stay as they are, he'll get less money out of Rangers and may bleed us dry. Is that what he usually does though? What he did with Newcastle? Is it by default wrong to assume that he will not like what Rangers bring to his name at this moment and time, money- and public attention-wise? Is it by default wrong to assume that Ashley would not like to add some silverware to his ego with a winning club, drawing attention to his name by being proclaimed "saviour of the fallen giant"? I'm not in Ashley's mind and thus will not give as a definite an answer as some other posters do.

Just to say it again: Ashley is an Evil no-one wants at the club. He's a different Evil than Whyte, Green and to some extent Murray was though. He's a different Evil than the one who ran the club this last year or so. As things stand though, with King out of the equation at this moment and time, he is the ONE EVIL that CAN keep the club alive. That is very different to what we had since 2011. Hence my remark about Ashley being different to the various "rapist" thus far. If I had a choice, I'd would want to see him leave yesterday. That choice is not available though. For the time being, we have to live with Ashley and can only assume what he's looking for here, as Rangers FC is in many ways not Newcastle United FC.

People can obviously scream "rapist" at him all day long, and they are in many ways right. Why should one stop there though and do not ask what else might be of interest to him? Or is there a requirement to give a Cato-like statement after each such explanation attempt? Such as Ceterum censeo, Ashley esse repellendam! or the like? Just to make sure one's not suddenly put into the pro-Ashley faction?

Why would you assume Ashley has not been the main protagonist all along?Green was a lacky the question is who's lacky? Has Ashley not been the main beneficiary since admin? Would those holding the reigns not be the biggest benefactors? Why else would CG allow him to take the retail deal for nothing and all the other bits and pieces?

Why would you assume Ashley has not been the main protagonist all along?Green was a lacky the question is who's lacky? Has Ashley not been the main beneficiary since admin? Would those holding the reigns not be the biggest benefactors? Why else would CG allow him to take the retail deal for nothing and all the other bits and pieces?

Did I? Let me quote myself again here: Ashley is a hardcore capitalist and opportunist. No-one is debating that. Ashley is an Evil no-one wants at the club.

As long as we can't make him go away and he's not leaving, one might spare a second or two reasoning whether he's solely (sic!) here for money. Whether that debate yields any results or not.

Did I? Let me quote myself again here: Ashley is a hardcore capitalist and opportunist. No-one is debating that. Ashley is an Evil no-one wants at the club.

As long as we can't make him go away and he's not leaving, one might spare a second or two reasoning whether he's solely (sic!) here for money. Whether that debate yields any results or not.

He's a different Evil than Whyte, Green

your words, took it from them you meant he is a different commodity.

Give me a quote where I am saying that Ashley is not here for making money? All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised if he's not solely (sic!) here for making money.

Sorry dB, you think he's not solely here to make money? So what other reasons do you think are worth considering bearing in mind he has no known connections to Rangers, Glasgow or indeed Scotland?

Sorry dB, you think he's not solely here to make money? So what other reasons do you think are worth considering bearing in mind he has no known connections to Rangers, Glasgow or indeed Scotland?

Isn't it called Rangersitis...?