Guest Bigfred

Guest Bigfred
Is that you Jim?

We are a support that disagree on just about anything, no matter how obvious a situation is. Though everyone seems to be in unison with regard to Sinclair being absolutely useless at his job.

No its Bigfred

Leaving aside the issue of the current board, I'm not sure that we can afford Ibrox and a training ground even if we were owned by people who were wholly trusted.

I'm not convinced that we can afford Ibrox either because a large maintenance bill surely can't be far away.

It would probably make sense to keep Milngavie, sell Ibrox and rent Hampden, but that's not likely to happen - and I'm not sure that there would be many buyers for Ibrox anyway.

The issue is the current board selling Auchenhowie. Fans have little trust in it to put the club first and do what is right by it.

Edited by Hildy

Leaving aside the issue of the current board, I'm not sure that we can afford Ibrox and a training ground even if we were owned by people who were wholly trusted.

I'm not convinced that we can afford Ibrox either because a large maintenance bill surely can't be far away.

It would probably make sense to keep Milngavie, sell Ibrox and rent Hampden, but that's not likely to happen - and I'm not sure that there would be many buyers for Ibrox anyway.

The issue is the current board selling Auchenhowie. Fans have little trust in it to put the club first and do what is right by it.

Even fewer fans would go to Hampden (or anywhere else) were Ibrox sold. But yes a huge bill is a-coming for it. Even rough and ready running repairs would be costly.

Guest Bigfred

selling Ibrox WHAT, Hope Santa misses you out this year

selling Ibrox WHAT, Hope Santa misses you out this year

For reasons of emotional attachment, few would want to part with Ibrox, but if it gets closed on grounds of safety when we can't afford to look after it, we could have a real problem.

A well-run Rangers should be able to hold on to Ibrox, but a poorly-run club could see it being abandoned one day.

No-one wants this to happen, but then no-one wanted administration, liquidation and demotion.

Nothing is certain any more.

Why would it be closed on safety grounds?

I've not been this season but have been going for 20-odd years and never saw anything needing urgent repair, certainly anything being unsafe anyway.

(I do remember a bit of guttering hanging off last season but that is it.)

Who would buy MP it is of little use to anyone other than as grazing land or a training centre.

It's got planning consent for leisure and recreation and it's a big chunk of land in Milngavie. A leisure centre, David Lloyd type of place, perhaps even a Dobbies Garden Centre kind of business would do well there. Plus don't put it past a developer to purchase it and let it go to ruin, become an eyesore and then put in an application to turn it into a supermarket or flats, it's been done before.