Guest Bigfred

Not since the the law was changed, insurance companies will not insure domestic dwellings on known floodplains and the government won't compensate anyone who builds on a known floodplain.

41% of the Auchenhowie site may flood once in 200 years, given the creativity of developers and the acquiescence of the authorities I'm sure they can overcome such difficulties, much like 'B' Listed buildings vanish when it suits those involved.

If Rangers doesn't get its house in order, I expect that there will be a new residential estate on the Auchenhowie site at some point in the future - and someone will make a financial killing.

Not Rangers, though.

Why would it be closed on safety grounds?

I've not been this season but have been going for 20-odd years and never saw anything needing urgent repair, certainly anything being unsafe anyway.

(I do remember a bit of guttering hanging off last season but that is it.)

Most of the problems at Ibrox Sadium are cosmetic by looks of things. Not structural

Edited by RANGERRAB

The part of Ibrox you don't see the roof, is said to have major issues however as yet not serious enough to involve building control or any other authoritative body. However left unrepaired it is only a matter of time until things degenerate to a dangerous level.