Guest Bigfred

On a sidenote, I remember quite afew posters on here and FF saying that MP is a luxury we could not really afford, current regime or not. Now we have folk loading the guns and pointing them towards those Ibrox board people who might want to sell it and cry for death, blood, and vengeance.

I'm not sure why you're so intent to play down the chance of MP getting sold because all it's going to do is make you look even more foolish if you're paymasters do sell it.

Play it down ? you couldn't give it away, a relic of Advocaat and murray's vanity.

We don't want to lose either, but if the worst happened, the club would still exist - if we wanted it to.

Rangers is not Ibrox and it is not Auchenhowie either. We have moved several times in the past and we may have to do so again in the future.

It's not desirable but strangers are running the show and we let them in.

Rangers can most definitely exist without Ibrox although I agree it would be very hard to take. Sometimes families have to move house even when they didn't plan on moving.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

If we are not the sum of all our parts what are we?

If we are not the sum of all our parts what are we?

The answer to that is evident from the club we now support. We are not ourselves, we are something else - something tawdry, cheap, undignified, incompetent, shady, corrupt and a laughing stock. Whatever we are, we are either not The Rangers or virtually not The Rangers. Everyone seems to be striving to eliminate the "virtually" from that sentence.

The answer to that is evident from the club we now support. We are not ourselves, we are something else - something tawdry, cheap, undignified, incompetent, shady, corrupt and a laughing stock. Whatever we are, we are either not The Rangers or virtually not The Rangers. Everyone seems to be striving to eliminate the "virtually" from that sentence.
Don't know if you can call behaviour a part as such. The entity exists as it always has with all its facets in place. The only change is in its leadership which is always a interchanging part. They have changed the way we run and the way we behave. Remove them and we can revert back. Sell off the likes of Ibrox and rent Hampden and we cannot revert back and we have changed as an entity in my opinion. Edited by trublusince1982

We don't want to lose either, but if the worst happened, the club would still exist - if we wanted it to.

Rangers is not Ibrox and it is not Auchenhowie either. We have moved several times in the past and we may have to do so again in the future.

It's not desirable but strangers are running the show and we let them in.

Rangers can most definitely exist without Ibrox although I agree it would be very hard to take. Sometimes families have to move house even when they didn't plan on moving.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

A salient point which is overlooked all too often.

Don't know if you can call behaviour a part as such. The entity exists as it always has with all its facets in place. The only change is in its leadership which is always a interchanging part. They have changed the way we run and the way we behave. Remove them and we can revert back. Sell off the likes of Ibrox and rent Hampden and we cannot revert back and we have changed as an entity in my opinion.

The Houses of Parliament are crumbling and the country is facing a three billion pounds bill to save the old place. Even if the old place disappeared though, England would still be forever England.

If the Eiffel Tower was somehow removed, Paris would continue as if it had never been. The Twin Towers have actually gone but New York's heart beats as strongly as it ever did.

Rangers is not a building, even if the Ibrox edifice is grand and iconic. If the loss of this building meant the demise of Rangers, it would give credence to the idea that the club was shallow and insubstantial.

Ibrox Stadium is not an idol to be worshipped. It is a place to be cherished, but if the day eventually comes when it is lost, weep no tears.

Build the New Jerusalem instead.

Edited by Hildy

We have moved several times in the past and we may have to do so again in the future.

When football clubs move grounds, they usually do to suit their income, needs and attendance figures. Sometimes they move to new and smaller grounds, sometimes they built bigger stadiums to follow the demand. Most of the latter fall into a category where sponsors come up for significant chunks of the building costs, receiving naming rights and shares in return. At this moment and time, there is hardly any reason to believe that there is a need to move grounds or that there are businesses or companies willing to sponsor or support the building of a new stadium. Not that selling Ibrox is - due to Whyte - an option just now anyway.

Edited by der Berliner

Don't know if you can call behaviour a part as such. The entity exists as it always has with all its facets in place. The only change is in its leadership which is always a interchanging part. They have changed the way we run and the way we behave. Remove them and we can revert back. Sell off the likes of Ibrox and rent Hampden and we cannot revert back and we have changed as an entity in my opinion.

Yes, but I meant it as an answer to what we are like if we are not, as you said "a sum of our parts". If the building blocks of the club (the parts) are what I list then the entity (the sum) will become the kind of horror show that currently exists and inevitably the few things that remain will be sold off - and then we are not The Rangers.

Edited by SteveC