McCoist in DR re salary

Q: Your salary reverts back to £750,00. What do you think about it being made public?

A: I worked for nothing for months. I decided to take a 45 per cent cut, I then took a 40 per cent cut. I’m not saying: “Give Ally a big pat on the back” but there’s a wee bit more to it than meets the eye. Other factors should be taken into account as well.

What dies he mean here? Was his salary £1.36M took a reduction of 45% leaving £750K, took a further reduction of 40% leaving him at £400K before he handed in his notice?

Note he decided to take 45% cut not the club!!

Edited by BEARGER

Q: Your salary reverts back to £750,00. What do you think about it being made public?

A: I worked for nothing for months. I decided to take a 45 per cent cut, I then took a 40 per cent cut. I’m not saying: “Give Ally a big pat on the back” but there’s a wee bit more to it than meets the eye. Other factors should be taken into account as well.

What dies he mean here? Was his salary £1.36M took a reduction of 45% leaving £750K, took a further reduction of 40% leaving him at £400K before he handed in his notice?

This is something I also found confusing.

Note he decided to take 45% cut not the club!!

It is a bit ambiguous but i think he means he took a 40 % cut rather than the 45% he has "decided" upon

It is a bit ambiguous but i think he means he took a 40 % cut rather than the 45% he has "decided" upon

Yeah, that's what I thought, strange wording though. To be honest everything you read about us feels like watching a David Lynch film on acid.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Yeah, that's what I thought, strange wording though. To be honest everything you read about us feels like watching a David Lynch film on acid.

Well put... Though it is not nearly so much fun.

I'm guessing.

Edited by SteveC

McCoist will be telling us he worked months for nothing next. Wonder how it will be received when he votes with the board on Monday.

Ally McCoist was my idol as a kid and now I view him with nothing but contempt. He's still twice the man that the various musical chairs incompetents you idolise are though.

I feel positively joyous watching Eraserhead now after the last 3 years following Rangers.