http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoist-rangers-board-must-4847930

If you were in any doubt that McCoist isnt deluded then his latest outburst should set you straight. This is from a man who with a 20 million pound wage bill and a remit to take us up through the leagues wilst building a team to compete at the top level of scottish football.

I have to ask a couple of questions here :

Why are there 12 players out of contract in the first place? and which ones would you actually keep ally?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoist-rangers-board-must-4847930

If you were in any doubt that McCoist isnt deluded then his latest outburst should set you straight. This is from a man who with a 20 million pound wage bill and a remit to take us up through the leagues wilst building a team to compete at the top level of scottish football.

I have to ask a couple of questions here :

Why are there 12 players out of contract in the first place? and which ones would you actually keep ally?

Darren Mcgregor should be signed up and all the rest notified that their contracts will not be renewed as ally says.

I agree that of that list (I feel all dirty after clicking onto a Daily Rhebel link ugh) only McGregor has done enough to merit a new deal.

I believe that a few of those players should be good enough to play for us and have massively underperformed and I would like to see how they perform under proper coaching and management, but not if that means giving them a new contract first, that right should be earned and they haven't done that this season.

Darren Mcgregor should be signed up and all the rest notified that their contracts will not be renewed as ally says.

McGregor contract extension was subject to him playing in xx amount of games this season, so this should already have been triggered. As for the balance, I honestly couldn't make a case for a single one of them, although you may find that several of them have similar clauses in their contracts and we could be stuck with them anyway.

I think it is right to point out that McGregor is only looking decent because he has to play alongside McCulloch, Foster, Mohsni etc, none of whom are proper footballers. He is doing the basics right in most cases, he is hardly Gough reincarnated. He is prone to lapses in concentration and has been second best at some goals we have conceded, but he looks like Baresi compared to the absolutely horrific Jig who has no positional sense, can't tackle, has no pace, doesn't mark anybody at set pieces, and quite frankly should be nowhere near the Rangers first team, at any level we are playing at.

I would like to see McGregor beside a proper centre half to see if he is any good as I think he works hard, knows his position (CH not RB) and gives 100% (should be a given I know but look around the team and you cant say that about many of them).

McGregor doesn't need signed up for anything. He got a one year contract at the start of the season which had a clause in it stating if he played a certain number of games the contract became a two year contract. I believe he has now played that specified number of games meaning he's with Rangers til the end of next season