McGregor doesn't need signed up for anything. He got a one year contract at the start of the season which had a clause in it stating if he played a certain number of games the contract became a two year contract. I believe he has now played that specified number of games meaning he's with Rangers til the end of next season

Thats good enough for me then Rab. I was unaware of his contract details. Not like the Rhebel to get it wrong, again! Do they actually EVER print anything Rangers related that can stand up to scrutiny for accuracy?

I think it is right to point out that McGregor is only looking decent because he has to play alongside McCulloch, Foster, Mohsni etc, none of whom are proper footballers. He is doing the basics right in most cases, he is hardly Gough reincarnated. He is prone to lapses in concentration and has been second best at some goals we have conceded, but he looks like Baresi compared to the absolutely horrific Jig who has no positional sense, can't tackle, has no pace, doesn't mark anybody at set pieces, and quite frankly should be nowhere near the Rangers first team, at any level we are playing at.

I would like to see McGregor beside a proper centre half to see if he is any good as I think he works hard, knows his position (CH not RB) and gives 100% (should be a given I know but look around the team and you cant say that about many of them).

Players still at St Mirren at 28 don't tend to be very great footballers. I agree with your assessment.

Players still at St Mirren at 28 don't tend to be very great footballers. I agree with your assessment.

McCoist would've signed him in his first season in charge but he done his cruciate , came back then did the other.

That when he plays CB he's probably our best and most consistent player is a sad reflection on where we're at.

All in all I suppose he's one of the few I'd keep from the present lot.

I refuse to believe that all the players we signed are duds or that they can't handle being a Rangers player. All the Scottish ones have regressed since coming to Ibrox and that includes Lee Wallace. A friend who is a Motherwell fan asked me a year ago what I thought of Nicky Law, I told him. He said that Law was outstanding for them for the previous two years. We also have Clark and Templeton who have not been able to hold down a first team place, all our team problems lie with the coaching staff. Simples.

It's all down to the coaching and the training , when players are not challanged to be better and are allowed to wallow in a comfort blanket of mediocrity , what we see week in week out is the result , it ain't brain surgery

McCoist is going, bring in who ever the choice for the new manager is now (call him Director of Football or what ever you like).

Let him deal with the contracts of who he wants to keep and more importantly allow him to start work looking at new signings, bosmans etc.

We surely can't let that clown award new contracts or sign new players for next season.

Edited by elfideldo

I refuse to believe that all the players we signed are duds or that they can't handle being a Rangers player. All the Scottish ones have regressed since coming to Ibrox and that includes Lee Wallace. A friend who is a Motherwell fan asked me a year ago what I thought of Nicky Law, I told him. He said that Law was outstanding for them for the previous two years. We also have Clark and Templeton who have not been able to hold down a first team place, all our team problems lie with the coaching staff. Simples.

Law was very highly regarded at Motherwell because he was one of a few stand-out players in a squad which had been assembled for peanuts and mostly from free transfers.

He was also highly regarded at Rotherham before moving to Motherwell and noted in particular for creating goal scoring chances and notching up a lot of goal assists.

In fairness to Law, while he does seem to be inconsistent and under-performing in a lot of our games, he HAS scored a very credible number of goals for us this season so far. What's he on? 9 or 10 goals now and we're not even half way through the season?

Last season he scored a dozen or so goals for us, which despite the standard of opposition, isn't too bad for an inconsistent and under-performing central midfielder forced to play alongside some of our very mediocre players.

Could Ally & co have improved Law's performances? In hindsight probably, yes, but only by playing him alongside different players and possibly even in a different position (right) and/or a different system.