Not saying he's great but he's done well in the championship whereas the main 2 other contenders both did horribly in league 2 and were sacked.

He took Derby up from the Championship - but had the worst ever team that I have seen in a top league. He then failed twice at Forest.

The above would be a huge improvement.

Your 'anyone but Ally' line is reminiscent of those who backed Whyte because he wasn't Murray, Green because he wasn't Whyte and now they have the hots for Ashley.

Last night you were adamant that you wanted competent people in the boardroom, so why is it that you are prepared to settle for 'better' in the managerial department?

Your 'anyone but Ally' line is reminiscent of those who backed Whyte because he wasn't Murray, Green because he wasn't Whyte and now they have the hots for Ashley.

Last night you were adamant that you wanted competent people in the boardroom, so why is it that you are prepared to settle for 'better' in the managerial department?

I think he was doing a bit of irony.

I hope we avoid Davies. A move for him could be jumping from the frying plan into the fire. Why our board would even entertain the possibility is beyond me. His reputation suggests that clashes with the board would be quite likely, and while some might think this is a good thing due to our board being unpopular and distrusted, there could be fallouts with a Dave King board too, if such a thing ever happens.

I could imagine an incestuous band of Davies-appointed employees being unquestioningly supported by that small band of Rangers fans who have wanted him at Ibrox for years who would happily take him over Mourinho.

Davies at Ibrox - perish the thought.

Kenny Burns: I don’t want Billy Davies ruining my Rangers

I DON’T want Billy Davies managing my team Rangers.

I would hate it if he was to be given the job at Ibrox.

He’s already messed up one club I love in Nottingham Forest – twice! – I don’t want him doing the same at my boyhood club.

I’ve supported Rangers since I was a boy, having been born in Glasgow, and there’s no way I want Davies, who is not good enough as a manager to deserve the job and is also a divisive figure, as boss.

I’m amazed he’s being talked about as one of the favourites for the job, if Ally McCoist ends up leaving the club, when there are so many more decent managers around.

He might have twice led Forest to the play-off semi-finals in the Championship in his first spell in charge at the City Ground, but he failed in his task to get them back into the Premier League.

The way he fell out with former Forest owner Nigel Doughty before being sacked the first time in 2011 still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

And don’t even get me started on his second spell at the club, what a farce that was.

When Fawaz Al Hasawi finally axed him back in March, after a 5-0 defeat to Derby County, which is one of the most humiliating days for the club in recent years, it was long overdue.

I will certainly be keeping a close eye on Ibrox today, with talk they might dispense with McCoist, who is working his 12-month notice after resigning last week, after an annual general meeting.

I hope they don’t let McCoist go.

He’s as big as Rangers legend as Stuart Pearce is a Forest one, so I’d love to see him stay on and finish the job of getting the club back into the Scottish Premier League one day.

I still remember one of Davies’ saying when he at Forest.

He was always saying ‘I can only advise and recommend’ when he talked about player signings he suggested to the board.

Well I advise and recommend Rangers don’t give him the manager’s job.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottin...#ixzz3MYbdksx8

Edited by SteveC

Many of those who don't want Davies at Ibrox dread his appointment.

They will not easily back him.

The club is far better to find someone where preconceived opinions are not such an important factor.

Davies would be a divisive figure. The last thing the club needs right now is another divisive figure.

Edited by Hildy

Ive a feeliing if we lose to Hibz on Saturday(as I expect we will) then I believe McCoist may be asked to step down immediately and his settlement would then need to be negotiated.

Should that become the case then we will then see if this board are up to the task and have been doing their homework(as they surely should) and will appoint a replacement of the right calibre expected by our support at the earliest opportunity.

Many of those who don't want Davies at Ibrox dread his appointment.

They will not easily back him.

The club is far better to find someone where preconceived opinions are not such an important factor.

Davies would be a divisive figure. The last thing the club needs right now is another divisive figure.

I'm not opposed to a foreign manager with McDowall being retained as coach(durrant can go).Someone with a proven management record and with good contacts in the game.