It is not just that players' contacts run out at the end of the season but, even more destabilising, their agents start taking to clubs re their futures in 10 days. By the time we pay the timz we could have most of the first team squad avoiding injury so they don't jeopardise their arranged moves.

Unfortunately Ally was the biggest s@@@ of all. He'd have jumped on any bandwagon just to keep his grossly overpaid job he couldnt do. If KingCo re-emerge they wont touch Ally with a bargepole if they've any sense.

I know you hate Mcoist, but get real - a bigger **** than Whyte, Green, Amran, Stockdale, the former chief executives, who received bonuses and pay offs for failing and the various guys up on fraud charges, really?

Edited by Calgacus

What will be interesting is how much control McDowall actually gets. If we're serious about promotion then half a dozen or so signings will be needed in January who will probably all be loan signings from England. McDowall will no doubt be told all must be played, questioning his authority.I suspect the end is in sight for the likes of JIg following tonight's news

The appointment of McDowell shows that the Board are not serious about promotion.

While I wish Kenny Mac all the best, I believe that the (sometimes temporary) upsurge in fortunes that is frequent when clubs get rid of the manager, is normally because of a new face with new ideas that the players want to impress. It's often because none of the players 'feared' letting the old manager down (which I think was certainly the case with McCoist - too pally wally with Ally), and a new boss brings the fear of being axed. Kenny's Mac's appointment is unlikely to bring any of these spin-offs unfortunately.

The appointment of McDowell shows that the Board are not serious about promotion.

The way I look at this is that if a new manager came in & failed to get promotion would he then get binned too?

Or would he be allowed a whole catalogue of failures the way McCoist was?

A new manager will be in place for next season. If McDowall gets us promoted he may well be allowed to stay on, with consent of the new manager

It is not just that players' contacts run out at the end of the season but, even more destabilising, their agents start taking to clubs re their futures in 10 days. By the time we pay the timz we could have most of the first team squad avoiding injury so they don't jeopardise their arranged moves.

And who is going to come in for these out of contract players?

Jig? Black? Daly?Boyd? Miller and so on. Sorry but judging by their performances this season there wont exactly be a queue for them stretching halfwaydown Edmiston Drive

And who is going to come in for these out of contract players?

Jig? Black? Daly?Boyd? Miller and so on. Sorry but judging by their performances this season there wont exactly be a queue for them stretching halfwaydown Edmiston Drive

Yes, I meant that the players' agents would be punting them wherever they could. (And I did discount Jig) They won't be at Ibrox, so unless they retire they'll try to go somewhere. Could go to 4th division in England, or Non league and still make more than at nearly all Scottish clubs. Hartlepool seem pretty desperate for players. Black and Daly could go there. Boyd and Miller could do a turn at Darlington...or wherever (or those two could retire too - but they still won;t be planning a future with us). What's there going to be to motivate them?

Edited by SteveC

The way I look at this is that if a new manager came in & failed to get promotion would he then get binned too?

Or would he be allowed a whole catalogue of failures the way McCoist was?

A new manager will be in place for next season. If McDowall gets us promoted he may well be allowed to stay on, with consent of the new manager

you have to suspect this board would allow him a catalougue of failures.

Unfortunately Ally was the biggest s@@@ of all. He'd have jumped on any bandwagon just to keep his grossly overpaid job he couldnt do. If KingCo re-emerge they wont touch Ally with a bargepole if they've any sense.

he wasnt in the same stratosphere as the other ****s, your hatred is blinding you. indeed we can fully blame the board for everything that ally has been allowed to do.

their is a difference between the man at the top stealing and an employee being given.