An insight into our new CEO and his attitude towards supporters:

I don't think that is an insight into his attitude at all. When having abuse hurled at you the only reasonable response is to ignore it. Having reffed a game recently here and ordering a late penalty (which was saved) be re-taken I took a HUGE amount of abuse..... and the only way to deal with it is ignore it.

Llambias, rather than ignoring fans, was in self-preservation mode from a potential nut job.

Onerous contracts all round, sell everything off to SD for a pittance, get rid of entire departments, have Ian Durrant in charge of our u20's, McDowall as manager and jokers like McCulloch and Durie assisting him. This is some vision for our future.

We have no scouts, nobody in marketing and about to have nobody running our youth development. Just how are we to have any vision that benefits the club and not just those who control it?

For sure we are in a horrid, dark place.

Much of the imploding was done pre-Llambias. That wont absolve him from correcting the cancers. As for those in charge of the playing side the issue, as we all know, is finance. Do we know what contracts McDowall, Durie & Durrant are on ? Could it be that their contracts run out at the end of the year and this is the club's way of running down their contract so as to not spend further money. We can't afford pay offs. I'm not saying it is right but we simply don't have the cash to terminate their contracts or bring in replacements whilst they are on gardening leave, especially with McCoist already on gardening leave.

It is a catch-22 because with this lot running the playing side we are unlikely to get promotion - but, and this may be a bit drastic and I fully expect to need a tin hat for it, missing promotion could actually be a GOOD thing for us. It allows us to re-structure without the pressure of having to compete with Celtic, which we know we can't do. Spend another season in the Championship, get rid of the dross that we have (both players AND coaching staff), bring in better quality in both areas, gain promotion next season whilst re-building the proper infrastructure. Sounds extreme, but the problem for us would be that if we DID gain promotion we could just as easily be staring down relegation next season.

I don't think that is an insight into his attitude at all. When having abuse hurled at you the only reasonable response is to ignore it. Having reffed a game recently here and ordering a late penalty (which was saved) be re-taken I took a HUGE amount of abuse..... and the only way to deal with it is ignore it.

Llambias, rather than ignoring fans, was in self-preservation mode from a potential nut job.

He didn't only ignore it, he acknowledged that he didn't hear it anymore. The passion shown by angry Rangers fans at yesterday's AGM will have passed him by as he would have instinctively reverted to 'shut it out' mode.

He didn't only ignore it, he acknowledged that he didn't hear it anymore. The passion shown by angry Rangers fans at yesterday's AGM will have passed him by as he would have instinctively reverted to 'shut it out' mode.

I don't think it necessarily shows contempt for the support - I cant speak for Llambias but it could just as easily be that it is because he has confidence in his own abilities to run a company well. I don't think that we can take it literally when he says he doesn't hear it anymore, more likely he is saying "I have to do my job the way I believe is right, rather than listen to every supporter who has his own opinion". Which, to an extent, is fair. FWIW, I don't think that yesterday's chorus of boos will have passed him by. Sadly, though, what IS likely is that he sees those jeers as being for the two stooges and Somers, not himself.

Minority though it may be, I am in the "lets see what Llambias can do" camp - unlike Rangers and the treatment we suffered from the SPL and SFA I would rather consider someone innocent until proven guilty.

I certainly am far from suggesting Llambias is the messiah, but he hasn't done a great deal wrong.... YET. Asides, who would we even contemplate having in his stead that could do the job ?

I don't think it necessarily shows contempt for the support - I cant speak for Llambias but it could just as easily be that it is because he has confidence in his own abilities to run a company well. I don't think that we can take it literally when he says he doesn't hear it anymore, more likely he is saying "I have to do my job the way I believe is right, rather than listen to every supporter who has his own opinion". Which, to an extent, is fair. FWIW, I don't think that yesterday's chorus of boos will have passed him by. Sadly, though, what IS likely is that he sees those jeers as being for the two stooges and Somers, not himself.

Minority though it may be, I am in the "lets see what Llambias can do" camp - unlike Rangers and the treatment we suffered from the SPL and SFA I would rather consider someone innocent until proven guilty.

I certainly am far from suggesting Llambias is the messiah, but he hasn't done a great deal wrong.... YET. Asides, who would we even contemplate having in his stead that could do the job ?

I have little doubt that he has the ability to run a company well, but I am concerned about who will be the beneficiary of his plans. He received his own chorus of boos, or perhaps he heard a chorus of boos on behalf of Mike Ashley and will square it with himself that way.

The 'Let's see what Llambias can do' camp aka The 'Let's see what Wallace can do' camp, formerly known as The 'Let's see what Mather can do' camp?

I hope that your trust is rewarded, Craig.

I have little doubt that he has the ability to run a company well, but I am concerned about who will be the beneficiary of his plans. He received his own chorus of boos, or perhaps he heard a chorus of boos on behalf of Mike Ashley and will square it with himself that way.

The 'Let's see what Llambias can do' camp aka The 'Let's see what Wallace can do' camp, formerly known as The 'Let's see what Mather can do' camp?

I hope that your trust is rewarded, Craig.

I don't believe in throwing people under a bus "just because". When appointed, what did Mather do to have cause for uproar ? I didn't believe in his appointment from the outset but not because of anything he had done but rather because his CV didn't stand up to scrutiny. Wallace - had his detractors the moment he walked in the door but, regardless, he DID come with a pedigree having been at City (yes, we can argue what he actually did for them in the period he was there but his credentials were more than sufficient for us to give him a chance to make the role worthwhile - and, strangely enough, he also was prepared to vote against the Easdales & Somers when it came to the King investment.... damned if you do and damned if you don't).

If we continue to cast every CEO as a leper the moment they step in the door the real question remains.... just who IS acceptable as a RFC CEO ? Because it seems that no matter who is appointed they will be suspected of dealing with the devil. Purslow was the same.

We lurch from crisis to crisis - constant removal of CEO's is absolutely NOT the answer. I happen to think that Wallace very well could have been the right man (and we see now that he was willing to go against the Easdales share block, which suggests to me he wanted to do the RIGHT thing) but he couldn't gain the power a CEO should have.

So WHO is the right person ? Or do we constantly lumber from one to another with massive pay offs ?

At least Llambias has come in and done what should have been done 3 years ago - made redundancies (unpalatable as they may be, and at the worst time of year). They should have been made long ago. And whilst the people being let go are small fish he is right in that the players are the ones who would make a difference letting go but they would be too costly as you would need pay offs.

FWIW, I don't have "trust" in Llambias - I will hold him with the same healthy cynicism that I hold every new incumbent - but I will give him the benefit of the doubt at this point - barely has his feet wet and we want rid of him - I can see why, but I wont rush in just yet to sink his head below the watermark.

Edited by craig

A big part of the problem with the last two CEO's was that in reality, they had no power, when they wanted to do something significant (in both cases bring in King) they got bumped. Llambas will have power, and I am sure he is competent, but what is his objective,- is it to make Rangers a success or is it to protect SD /Ashley's position? Newcastle and their mid table mediocrity does not offer us much hope.

I don't believe in throwing people under a bus "just because". When appointed, what did Mather do to have cause for uproar ? I didn't believe in his appointment from the outset but not because of anything he had done but rather because his CV didn't stand up to scrutiny. Wallace - had his detractors the moment he walked in the door but, regardless, he DID come with a pedigree having been at City (yes, we can argue what he actually did for them in the period he was there but his credentials were more than sufficient for us to give him a chance to make the role worthwhile - and, strangely enough, he also was prepared to vote against the Easdales & Somers when it came to the King investment.... damned if you do and damned if you don't).

If we continue to cast every CEO as a leper the moment they step in the door the real question remains.... just who IS acceptable as a RFC CEO ? Because it seems that no matter who is appointed they will be suspected of dealing with the devil. Purslow was the same.

We lurch from crisis to crisis - constant removal of CEO's is absolutely NOT the answer. I happen to think that Wallace very well could have been the right man (and we see now that he was willing to go against the Easdales share block, which suggests to me he wanted to do the RIGHT thing) but he couldn't gain the power a CEO should have.

So WHO is the right person ? Or do we constantly lumber from one to another with massive pay offs ?

At least Llambias has come in and done what should have been done 3 years ago - made redundancies (unpalatable as they may be, and at the worst time of year). They should have been made long ago. And whilst the people being let go are small fish he is right in that the players are the ones who would make a difference letting go but they would be too costly as you would need pay offs.

FWIW, I don't have "trust" in Llambias - I will hold him with the same healthy cynicism that I hold every new incumbent - but I will give him the benefit of the doubt at this point - barely has his feet wet and we want rid of him - I can see why, but I wont rush in just yet to sink his head below the watermark.

I am not qualified to say whether anyone has a good track record for the job, and I also concede that Llambias is a different proposition to the other two. They are all similar in that they are doing their job, to varying degrees, for groups and individuals who have damaged us previously.

A big part of the problem with the last two CEO's was that in reality, they had no power, when they wanted to do something significant (in both cases bring in King) they got bumped. Llambas will have power, and I am sure he is competent, but what is his objective,- is it to make Rangers a success or is it to protect SD /Ashley's position? Newcastle and their mid table mediocrity does not offer us much hope.

And therein lies the problem. Doesn't matter who is in the job when the shots are being called from elsewhere. The problem isn't so much with the CEO but with the lack of power he has. Llambias WILL have power, we just need to hope he uses it for the betterment of Rangers - and there is no reason that it cant be for the betterment of us AND SD - the skepticism is that it will be used for the latter and not the former.