...if they want to get their club back

Former Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray has told supporters to make some "noise" if they want to get their club back.

The former pension fund manager was speaking after Monday's stormy Ibrox AGM.

The 90-minute meeting saw PLC chairman David Somers, chief executive Derek Llambias, director James Easdale and his brother Sandy - chairman of the club's football board - face a barrage of abuse from shareholders.

Chants of "out, out, out", "sack the board" and "scumbags" were hurled at the directors as they made their way out onto a flimsy tent erected on the Ibrox pitch.

There was little detail given to the irate fans on how the board plan to bridge the £8.3million funding gap which currently separates the Glasgow giants from safety, other than to say a fresh share issue was to be expected, while Somers was the focus of much of the ire after comments which sparked even more anger.

Despite the flak, the chairman, Llambias and James Easdale were all re-elected to the PLC board with the help of Mike Ashley and other institutional investors.

But Murray claims the fans must act if they want to force real change.

Speaking outside the AGM, Murray - who was the club's first chairman after it was reformed following its 2012 liquidation crisis, only to quit a year later after falling out with Charles Green - said: "That was the most arrogant display I have ever seen in third of a century of attending AGMs.

"There was complete disregard for shareholders and fans. They say they will operate without fans. We actually ended up knowing less than when we started, which takes a bit of doing.

"What can the fans and shareholders do? They have to make more noise. I am not saying they should boycott but they have to make a lot more noise. I think eventually the board will get worried that that the fans are not turning up and not buying kit. The mood in there, well, I have never known anything like it.

"Will fans turn their backs on the club? In the short term, yes. But my message to the fans is to stick with it. We will be here a lot longer than them."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/u/murray-rangers-fans-need-to-make-some-noise-if-they-want-to-get-their-club-back.1419322367

...if they want to get their club back

Former Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray has told supporters to make some "noise" if they want to get their club back.

The former pension fund manager was speaking after Monday's stormy Ibrox AGM.

The 90-minute meeting saw PLC chairman David Somers, chief executive Derek Llambias, director James Easdale and his brother Sandy - chairman of the club's football board - face a barrage of abuse from shareholders.

Chants of "out, out, out", "sack the board" and "scumbags" were hurled at the directors as they made their way out onto a flimsy tent erected on the Ibrox pitch.

There was little detail given to the irate fans on how the board plan to bridge the £8.3million funding gap which currently separates the Glasgow giants from safety, other than to say a fresh share issue was to be expected, while Somers was the focus of much of the ire after comments which sparked even more anger.

Despite the flak, the chairman, Llambias and James Easdale were all re-elected to the PLC board with the help of Mike Ashley and other institutional investors.

But Murray claims the fans must act if they want to force real change.

Speaking outside the AGM, Murray - who was the club's first chairman after it was reformed following its 2012 liquidation crisis, only to quit a year later after falling out with Charles Green - said: "That was the most arrogant display I have ever seen in third of a century of attending AGMs.

"There was complete disregard for shareholders and fans. They say they will operate without fans. We actually ended up knowing less than when we started, which takes a bit of doing.

"What can the fans and shareholders do? They have to make more noise. I am not saying they should boycott but they have to make a lot more noise. I think eventually the board will get worried that that the fans are not turning up and not buying kit. The mood in there, well, I have never known anything like it.

"Will fans turn their backs on the club? In the short term, yes. But my message to the fans is to stick with it. We will be here a lot longer than them."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/u/murray-rangers-fans-need-to-make-some-noise-if-they-want-to-get-their-club-back.1419322367

all the fans who can need to keep snapping up shares especially those with a few bob and we need to start voting as one.

all the fans who can need to keep snapping up shares especially those with a few bob and we need to start voting as one.

If he wants it, Ashely has it tied up (pending SFA), you may aswell piss in the wind.

The only way to metaphorically hurt him is by not giving what will become another branch of soulless Sports Direct (FC) any more cash.

Emotional ties with a branch of Sports Direct going no-where, naw, no really.

Edited by buster.

If he wants it, Ashely has it tied up (pending SFA), you may aswell piss in the wind.

The only way to metaphorically hurt him is by not giving what will become another branch of soulless Sports Direct (FC) any more cash.

Emotional ties with a branch of Sports Direct going no-where, naw, no really.

its one man stop acting like he is an unstoppable force, he is not. As already said not giving him cash will not in anyway shape or form hurt him. It only hurts us,those who care.

I understand you see starting a new team as being the only way. That's fine go do it, just don't kid on in any fashion that it is Rangers or an acceptable substitute for the vast majority. Even if the club died and shut it's doors i still wouldn't see a new club as anything else than a gimmick. You might as well pick a small already existing team and just follow them than start anew. Plenty of teams in Scotland already no need whatsoever for another.

its one man stop acting like he is an unstoppable force, he is not. As already said not giving him cash will not in anyway shape or form hurt him. It only hurts us,those who care.

I understand you see starting a new team as being the only way. That's fine go do it, just don't kid on in any fashion that it is Rangers or an acceptable substitute for the vast majority. Even if the club died and shut it's doors i still wouldn't see a new club as anything else than a gimmick. You might as well pick a small already existing team and just follow them than start anew. Plenty of teams in Scotland already no need whatsoever for another.

his ilk represent a small insignificant band of our support. Just ignore them

You have to ask yourself what are Rangers becoming ?

A badge, a motto, a jersey are tangibles that have been hijacked and what is within is hollow and to become a Sports Direct Franchise.

For various reasons, we have shown ourselves not to be up for this corporate battle and if Ashely gets a proper hold on things then you'd be metaphorically asking a divided 'team' with problems in the dressing room, who have shown themselves incapable of beating Barnsley, to go out and take on Chelsea.

The only quote I can find that Ashely refers to Rangers was at a SD AGM after answering the question, "could explain the benefits to Sports Direct in its relationship with Newcastle United and Rangers."

His answer after a pause of 27 seconds

“Other than to say than it's been beneficial to Sports Direct and therefore its shareholders, I don't think it’s appropriate to comment.”

You and others like you will have your opinion and they are to be respected but so are fans that see something happening with their own eyes, are sick and scunnered with the runnaway train of lies and profiteering and don't want to be robotic fans of a soulless corporate vehicle with a blue jersey.

That is also true of what is there now.

What does your ilk represent?

Could it be a group of serially misguided, hate-filled, cabal hunting, molelike-visionaries happily searching for a 'shiny thing' that they never find.

Edited by buster.

We need helluva lot more than noise, Malky! Sustained action that makes functioning at Ibrox all but impossible.

Malky looking for his old job back maybe?

But wants to inflict as much damage on Rangers in order to do so.

Be careful what you wish for Malky.