Even though I have no faith in the current RST set-up being able to do anything worthwhile, I agree with the point you made. Alas, it will NEVER stop the likes of Rab and whoever is working his buttons.

no one has to like the rst but supporting green or ashley just because the rst state the obvious that they are bad for us is utter insanity and worse incredibly damaging to us.

How so? How would it have worked out?

There would have been no IPO for them to claw back their buy money; no pilfering of funds labelled under set up/management/legal fees; no onerous contracts for them and their mates.....

I could go on, but I hope you get the drift.

So is your argument that if you didn't campaign for fan ownership you don't deserve a football club?

My argument is that a club like Rangers can never be safe while it is available to be owned by a procession of random strangers.

It could be lucky with ownership, or unlucky, and it is the latter which has come to pass.

Even now, though, while people talk about fighting to save the club, they still want a sugar daddy to take that responsibility.

We are not fighting to save the club at all. We are hoping that someone else will save it for us.

There would have been no IPO for them to claw back their buy money; no pilfering of funds labelled under set up/management/legal fees; no onerous contracts for them and their mates.....

I could go on, but I hope you get the drift.

..and there may very well have been no Rangers.

Just to clarify, are you saying that as soon as we realised that the club had survived and been placed in Div 3 we should have withdrawn our support? Based on Green being a dodgy character?

My argument is that a club like Rangers can never be safe while it is available to be owned by a procession of random strangers.

It could be lucky with ownership, or unlucky, and it is the latter which has come to pass.

Fan ownership is

Even now, though, while people talk about fighting to save the club, they still want a sugar daddy to take that responsibility.

We are not fighting to save the club at all. We are hoping that someone else will save it for us.

At what point should we, as fans, have taken control of the club and how? When we were in the midst of 9-in-a-row should we have been chanting "Murray out!". When SDM was selling up, should we have committed to buying then - when we were being constantly told that an unpayable tax bill was round the corner? Would Duff and Phelps have accepted a fan's group bid over Green's, and even if it had, would we have been able to plot the course through, or even tolerate the prospect of liquidation?

It would be great if we were in control of the club, but the fact that we aren't isn't the fans' fault -yes, we have our problems with divisions etc. but regardless of that we've never had a chance to take control.

Edited by Thinker

..and there may very well have been no Rangers.

Just to clarify, are you saying that as soon as we realised that the club had survived and been placed in Div 3 we should have withdrawn our support? Based on Green being a dodgy character?

You have already admitted that you won't finance the club until you see someone who you trust. What if those actions lead to a situation where there is no Rangers? What is different to back then?

I would have liked it to have happened as soon as Green and MCR forced through their planned newco, but a little later would have resulted in the same outcome.

You have already admitted that you won't finance the club until you see someone who you trust. What if those actions lead to a situation where there is no Rangers? What is different to back then?

I would have liked it to have happened as soon as Green and MCR forced through their planned newco, but a little later would have resulted in the same outcome.

I'm not trying to say there is a difference. Boycott then at the risk of losing the club or boycott now at the risk of losing the club - it's not like we've missed a golden opportunity.

Oh aye - and when Ally told us to back the club when Green took charge did you immediately dismiss that as bullshit? Did you expect all of us to disregard that statement?