"Rangers chairman David Somers pleaded for Mike Ashley takeover to succeed, emails reveal"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11311642/Rangers-chairman-David-Somers-pleaded-for-Mike-Ashley-takeover-to-succeed-emails-reveal.html

Fot full Roddy Forsyth article, click link above

Extract

"David Somers, the Rangers chairman, pleaded with Mike Ashley’s lawyer not to make a hash of the Newcastle United owner’s bid for control of the Ibrox club because he would be dumped if a rival takeover succeeded, it has emerged.

Evidence of Somers’ frantic attempt to keep the process alive in the face of opposition from other directors is revealed in an email from the chairman and copied to Sandy Easdale, chairman of Rangers’ football board, and his brother James, a member of the plc board.

In it, Somers admits that he and James Easdale were in a minority on the Rangers plc board over the question of Ashley’s designs on the club"

--------------------------------------------------

This isn't just about Somers though, it goes deeper.

Edited by buster.

It's possible to be too paranoid, but the convenience of the leak - added to the lack of confidence in Somers at the AGM - makes me mighty suspicious as to where this leak has come from.

Yes of course

the sacrificial lamb.

"LOOK - New good guys"

It's possible to be too paranoid, but the convenience of the leak - added to the lack of confidence in Somers at the AGM - makes me mighty suspicious as to where this leak has come from.

I very much see what you are getting at but the e-mail involves more than just Somers.

Nor do I think this would be a route of his choice.

Noising up shareholders at the AGM, yes.

Edited by buster.

Aye, fingers crossed it is a conduit via which legally embarrassing material from the board can be publicly distributed. At the very least it could be one way of fighting back, which I couldn't see even yesterday. Fingers crossed.

I told you that the day was far from done! [emoji6]