Regardless of who anyone supports in theboardroom battle the SFA ruling about dual ownership is laughable and would never stand up in a court of law in a million years. I suspects Ashley's lawyers may well have told Rhegan's SFA just that. Thereare numerous example of dual(and more ownership) throughout Europe

In the eight team CFL(Canadian football league) the same man owns two of the teams.BC Lions and Toronto Argonauts.

The league has no problems with this.

In the eight team CFL(Canadian football league) the same man owns two of the teams.BC Lions and Toronto Argonauts.

The league has no problems with this.

Well it should.

What if Ashley was to sell Newcastle and buy Rangers - and then buy Celtic too?

Would you want the SFA to sit back and do nothing?

With all due respect Pete Ithink you're onto something different altogether here i.e. Corruption
I don;t see the difference to be honest.They get away with it and the law has little say on how it is run. If you pay off people for favours rendered then that is corruption whether it is binnen Rangers or FIFA. In fact I think Ashley thinks he is Blater 2.

It's a big time professional league in Canada,probably on a par with your SPFL.

It may be big time in Canada but it most definitely IS mickey mouse.

Doing it incorrectly in one place doesn't mean you should repeat the mistake elsewhere.