Rarely is there good news where Rangers is concerned, but this resembles something close to it.

Of course Ashley will have to respond now, so bad news probably isn't too far away. Once he decides what is best for Sports Direct, we'll hear what happens next.

Well done, SFA.

We don't often get to say that.

And these people are supposed to be the guardians of our game

The result was on the cards. We all know who rows that ship and who's at the helm, clad in shadows or not. They do not work for the better of "the game", but for the better of their clubs. Three years without a top flight sponsor and none for the League Cup was not enough to make them wake up. A number of clubs scaroe along admin themselves, but all is fine in well. I for one do not expect that there will be any help from either the SPFL or the SFA. I'm not even sure if I want it.

Maybe what happens now is something King et al had hoped for once his initial bid was rejected? It was sure an option he contemplated. Maybe Llambias and King will talk to one another now but it would seem for the good of the club, both parties would have to give some ground with regards to their demands.

BTW, my cynical self had to remark that the results of this "informal, sure semi-confidental talk" between Llambias and the SFA had to be made public on x-mas eve ...

Edited by der Berliner

You're at it. So where's the funding coming from now then? We're well and truly finished.

Thank the UOF, SOS, Graham, Dingwall, Houston etc.

Got their wish at last - Rangers no more

Rab, do you really believe that those people want Rangers dead? Really?

The SFA are merely applying their own rules - possibly also in line with UEFA's vis-a-vis competition conflicts - so this is hardly another conspiracy.

Ashley knew the score so he cant complain.

same as he did at Newcastle. At a later date. Could be anything. 20 years retail for x amount, 20% of season ticket money for next 5 years blah blah blah. That's my worry what was his out? How did he protect the down side? If anything i think Ashley has shown he's a genius at covering all the angles no matter the obstacles.

Does he have any children or siblings? They could buy us with his money being gifted to them or in a trust or whatever - got to be loads of ways round it if he wants to.

Rarely is there good news where Rangers is concerned, but this resembles something close to it.

Of course Ashley will have to respond now, so bad news probably isn't too far away. Once he decides what is best for Sports Direct, we'll hear what happens next.

Well done, SFA.

We don't often get to say that.

It's a straight choice as far as I can see.

Accept King's investment or

a series of loans from Ashley