Good news but will the offer be accepted?

Indeed it is some good news and on the face of it, well engineered.

Unless there are other shareholders willing to invest, it's difficult to see how they refuse this offer.

Ashely is more accustomed to autocratic executive control and shadows but his priority will be to keep his onerous contracts being serviced. This goes for others aswell. The presence of Rangers friendly directors would surely look to get a precise handle on the books/onerous, take stock and look to address matters where possible. This is where there would be conflict but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Indeed it is some good news and on the face of it, well engineered.

Unless there are other shareholders willing to invest, it's difficult to see how they refuse this offer.

Ashely is more accustomed to autocratic executive control and shadows but his priority will be to keep his onerous contracts being serviced. This goes for others aswell. The presence of Rangers friendly directors would surely look to get a precise handle on the books/onerous, take stock and look to address matters where possible. This is where there would be conflict but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Onerous contract status is the main issue here.

Can new investors/board members normalise them more than they supposedly have already? I'm not sure and it's such limitations which could hold back any bid for control.

Can new investors/board members normalise them more than they supposedly have already? I'm not sure and it's such limitations which could hold back any bid for control.

Probably not unless there are two willing parties, they could be threatened legally or the company in which they resided was liquidated.

Edited by buster.

It seems unlikely but in the leaked e-mail Somers clearly had a way of endangering one or more of Ashley's onerous deals - he was threatening to do so.

I think there's an - altogether understandable - rush of hope at this news and I fear it will be unfounded. Every time anyone we trust has got near the "inside" doors have been slammed, it's almost as if there is something they don't want normal folk to see (cough, cough) in the inner sanctum of the corrupt cabal.

People seem to think they'l find it difficult to refuse this offer. I don't think that is necessarily the case, I think it far likelier they'll protect their gravy train to the bitter end regardless of how clear their self-interested deliberate mismanagement and misappropriating of funds becomes.

We really really should.

Yes but we really, really wouldn't. There is a forum (or more?) absolutely aghast at this news this morning, for starters and then there's our history of letting crooks wreak havoc on our club with impunity for finishers.

Read somewhere else that in this new "in house" share issue, existing shareholders can "only" buy as many shares as they already own. As in: if you hold 1 share, you can buy another 1, if you have 1m, you can buy another million, then perhaps scoop up any that have not been taken up. Is that correct?

Indulge me here, chaps.

Let's just imagine that the good guys win the day. We are probably tight to be pessimistic because false dawns are commonplace, but let's just think about it for a second.

The coaching staff have already been moved around and Ally is labouring away in his greenhouse - but he is still on the books.

Would the new broom sweep in and pay him off, would it let him see out his contract to the very end, or would he be brought back to the club to be given a more active position?

What price Ally being the new director of football - if the good guys win the day?