remove the blinkers. theres two thing going on. the board are a shambles at best and crooks at worst, whatever it is not for me to state as fact. they are responsible for the running of the club and that includes the football side as well as finance etc..

the other is the football side which has been backed to the hilt with money we did not have and is now fully exposed as a complete shambles.. how the hell anyone can blame anyone other than the manager for this is beyond my understanding. when the board finally acted on finance and the manager the same people squeal like bitches about how badly we treat our own etc...

The trouble is we are all falling into the trap of arguing with each other and berating management etc ....These problems will not stop until we rid ourselves of the cancer that is the board.

The management of the team has been unacceptable. People are entirely within their rights to raise this.

The board of Rangers is a huge problem, but appointing a good manager is not beyond it if it made it a priority. If new ownership arrived tomorrow, could we trust it to identify a good manager? I'm not sure that we could.

Appointing a manager can be a risky business, but I suspect that the guys who want to buy in to the club would probably appoint Smith or McCoist as director of football - and that would be absolutely infuriating.

Somehow, we have to leave dark age football behind, because if we don't, discerning punters are not going to waste money on a day out at the football that would be better spent doing something more useful / entertaining / satisfying.

The brand of football we play is turning people away from Rangers. The board is too, but if a club like Rangers can't offer its huge support a decent level of football, its popularity will suffer, even with a trusted board in charge.

The management of the team has been unacceptable. People are entirely within their rights to raise this.

The board of Rangers is a huge problem, but appointing a good manager is not beyond it if it made it a priority. If new ownership arrived tomorrow, could we trust it to identify a good manager? I'm not sure that we could.

Appointing a manager can be a risky business, but I suspect that the guys who want to buy in to the club would probably appoint Smith or McCoist as director of football - and that would be absolutely infuriating.

Somehow, we have to leave dark age football behind, because if we don't, discerning punters are not going to waste money on a day out at the football that would be better spent doing something more useful / entertaining / satisfying.

The brand of football we play is turning people away from Rangers. The board is too, but if a club like Rangers can't offer its huge support a decent level of football, its popularity will suffer, even with a trusted board in charge.

By the end of this season we'll have spent over £20m on our playing squad in the lower divisions. Regardless of what has been going on upstairs, that should result in us having a top side by Scottish standards. Instead we're a complete and utter mess and our squad isn't worth anything.

Overall I agree but the big problem here is that damn little word "if", again. "if it made it a priority" - It won't They don't care far less care enough to make it a priority. We'll have Warnock, Wise and Kinnear rotating through the mangers chair in the next year or two unless there is a change.

Edited by SteveC

I will say it again. McDowall doesn't want his job. Durie doesn't want his. Durrant doesn't want his. And McCoist doesn't want his current position. The board IMHO were well aware of that before they made the appointments. I'm convinced they are trying to sicken them so much that at least one of them walks.

Looks like others think the same http://www.cfclatest.com/2012/12/28/richard-gough-are-gers-trying-to-force-others-out-of-the-door/

the club is pretty much finished as a top club now, we need a complete clear out from bottom to top, from coaches to training, everything needs to go, there's just no point in in-pointing somebody else to do the job as the rot has well and truly set in, its been going on for years since the walter days and its still continuing to this very day.

lets face it we have a training complex we never use to its full-fullest, players train for a couple of hours and thats them going home or going to some dining establishment, while other clubs have there players training pretty much half a day and the next day and the day after that and so on so forth, we on the other hand give them a day off, to clear the lot out is going to take massive investment and time to sort this mess left by murray, whyte, green, murray, that clown shoe whats his name, that other whats hisname and now ashley,

as it pains me to say this, i honestly can't see it happening

Edited by buba3d