That's a clear way forward Zappa. I suspect we'll get anything but from the current shower of so-called Directors.

Correct Doc. The folk supposedly running the show don't give a toss and it's increasingly looking as though their paymasters don't either.

The original post is entirely correct.

The current playing squad has more ability than it has shown. While it will never match our ambitions I think that it can still gain promotion through the play-offs. It can only do so if managed correctly.

It is obvious that Kenny McDowall is not the right man for this job. Apart from the result itself his pre and post match interviews confirm that he isn't comfortable or confident in this post. If he continues then we will decline further.

There are managers who can come in to struggling teams and get more out of a group of players than the previous manager. Two familiar examples are Alex McLeish and Walter Smith. We need to find a manager who can get these players to perform closer to potential.

I'm pessimistic but the board need to do this or we really will be staying in this division. We will also need to endure more results like this and perhaps some that are even worse.

It is obvious that Kenny McDowall is not the right man for this job. Apart from the result itself his pre and post match interviews confirm that he isn't comfortable or confident in this post. If he continues then we will decline further.

It was an obvious appointment, so not unexpected by any means.

Edited by Zappa

• 4 weeks later...
I will say it again. McDowall doesn't want his job. Durie doesn't want his. Durrant doesn't want his. And McCoist doesn't want his current position. The board IMHO were well aware of that before they made the appointments. I'm convinced they are trying to sicken them so much that at least one of them walks.

Bumping my own post admittedly, but have they succeeded? Did McDowall walk without being pushed?