Guest jukebox durie

BRENTFORD are ready to spark a January transfer scramble for Rangers star Lewis Macleod.

SunSport understands the Championship side are poised to make a £1million move for the Ibrox kid.

And that could see a host of English clubs enter the bidding for the Scotland squad member.

Macleod has caught the eye of Championship promotion hopefuls Bees.

Rangers legend David Weir is No 2 there and is fully aware of the 20-year-old’s potential.

But several other English clubs, including Premier League strugglers Burnley, are keen on the midfielder.

Blackburn were also set to make a bid before being hit with a transfer ban.

Brentford are a fantastic club and one which would allow the player to make the necessary improvements that his game needs, infact, I believe that he is doing well attracting such teams as them and Burnley.

That's not the point. If we are going to lose him then it should be to a top Championship club if not a club from the lower EPL. Otherwise he will tread the same path as Jamie Ness, whom Walter thouight was the best young player he'd seen. Too many young Scots have jumped ship only to flounder in the lower English reaches. Our club used to be the first point of call for Scotland players.

Edited by alexscottislegend

Brentford are a fantastic club and one which would allow the player to make the necessary improvements that his game needs, infact, I believe that he is doing well attracting such teams as them and Burnley.

No, they're a fairly ordinary club who are currently punching well above their weight, congratulations and good luck to them for that. But they average less than 7,000 at their home matches despite their best season since the second world war.

We, on the other hand, were a fantastic club who should be able to allow the player to make the necessary improvements to his game.

That's not the point. If we are going to lose him then it should be to a top Championship club if not a club from the lower EPL. Otherwise he will tread the same path as Jamie Ness, whom Walter thouight was the best young player he'd seen. Too many young Scots have jumped ship only to flounder in the lower English reaches. Our club used to be the first point of call for Scotland players.

Have a look at the respective tables.

No, they're a fairly ordinary club who are currently punching well above their weight, congratulations and good luck to them for that. But they average less than 7,000 at their home matches despite their best season since the second world war.

We, on the other hand, were a fantastic club who should be able to allow the player to make the necessary improvements to his game.

I'm dealing in the here and now, what is happening on the pitch and on the training ground. Brentford are in a far healthier position than where Macleod is now. I really don't see what attendance figures have to do with this.

EDIT: The average attendance at Griffin Park this season is 10,520. That figure is 85.5% of capacity and is only bettered by Norwich in the division.

http://www.soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2

Edited by Rangersitis

I'm dealing in the here and now, what is happening on the pitch and on the training ground. Brentford are in a far healthier position than where Macleod is now. I really don't see what attendance figures have to do with this.

Macleod's emergence has been the one thing the management team have got right. He might well continue to develop under their tutelage. Brentford are far healthier than us, that was the point of my original post. Attendance figures are important because they allow us to see were realistically Brentford are likely to go. With those crowds it's unlikely they'll go much further, and if by chance they did it wouldn't be for long. Again, I mean no disrespect to Brentford, but they shouldn't be able to attract our best p[layers.