Macleod's emergence has been the one thing the management team have got right. He might well continue to develop under their tutelage. Brentford are far healthier than us, that was the point of my original post. Attendance figures are important because they allow us to see were realistically Brentford are likely to go. With those crowds it's unlikely they'll go much further, and if by chance they did it wouldn't be for long. Again, I mean no disrespect to Brentford, but they shouldn't be able to attract our best p[layers.

Check my edit for attendance figures, although I still find them to be irrelevant to how a player will develop his game.

A club which is well run will go a lot further than one which is hemorrhaging millions of pounds and thousands of fans each year. A club with clear ambition on how the game should be played and how they are developing players will go a lot further than one which is in complete disarray and is filled with mediocrity. Those are the real points that Lewis Macleod should be looking at if he is solely focussed on becoming a better player.

Guest jukebox durie

No disrespect to Brentford because they are going well in the Championship but it breaks my heart to see Rangers possibly losing a talented youngster to a club of that level.

I have and Brentford are in a false position - they're just having a good season, that's all. I'm a fan of McLeod as well as RFC and want the best for him. A Derby or a Leicester would be better.

They won League Two in 08/09. They then consolidated their League One status with three top half finishes, followed by a play-off final defeat after taking third spot in the regular season. They gained automatic promotion up to the Championship in 13/14 and are currently sitting in sixth position, four points shy of an automatic place into the Premiership.

Aye, they're just having a good season, that's all.

Jeezo Rangeristis, are you Greg Dyke or something? They are very clearly just having a good season, with those crowds, whether 7,000 or 10,000 they can realistically go no further. That doesn't mean they aren't well run, that doesn't mean they aren't a proper club or they don't play good football. It just means they are punching above their weight and that's unlikely to be maintained. They've not played in the English top flight for a very long time, do you think that's changing sometime soon?

Jeezo Rangeristis, are you Greg Dyke or something? They are very clearly just having a good season, with those crowds, whether 7,000 or 10,000 they can realistically go no further. That doesn't mean they aren't well run, that doesn't mean they aren't a proper club or they don't play good football. It just means they are punching above their weight and that's unlikely to be maintained. They've not played in the English top flight for a very long time, do you think that's changing sometime soon?

All I know is that they are currently in a position to go up to the top flight via the play-offs. You see that as simply a good season, I see it as a continuation of several years of progression. That doesn't make me Greg fucking Dyke. I am quite happy to look at what has been happening in the recent past, so I will defer to you on what the future will bring.

The world of football messageboards is a bizarre place at times. When I woke up this morning I'd never have predicted I'd get into an argument with someone over the relative merits of Brentford FC, a club I've given close to no thought too in my entire life.

Let me go back a few posts and try again.

Brentford. Bloody hell.

Three words to boil the blood of Brentford fans everywhere and bring the wrath of FA chairman and celebrity Brentford fan (when he's not supporting Man Utd) Greg Dyke down on anyone who dares scorn the inevitable rise to the very pinnacle of the sport that Brentford are on.

See I'm old enough to remember being depressed when a Rangers captain left us to join Watford, and Watford were actually a good team then. It's probably arrogance actually, why shouldn't one of the brightest prospects in the sport in Scotland be linked with a deeply unfashionable and noticeably un-honoured club like Brentford who play in front of crowds that Hearts would complain about. They're having a good season after all and seem to be stable. The English Championship is a decent level and salaries will far exceed anything we're likely to pay to anyone who isn't a board appointee in the near future.

But then the other side of me says; Brentford, fuckin Brentford! Are you joking, fuckin Brentford for Lewis fuckin MacLoed!! The one vestige of hope, the only thing to put pride in my heart while all around people are trying to induce cardiac arrest. Fuckin Brentford. Where are Sporting Lisbon, Nantes, PSV, Liverpool, Sunderland, fuckin hell even Leeds, someone, anyone where I can say, fair enough, at least he's gone somewhere with potential? Brentford, bloody hell.

They are better than us, on and off the park just now. Interestingly they were bought by their fans a few years ago. Fixed as a club, run prudently and imaginatively and are now reaping the rewards. But still, Brentford, bloody hell.

So yeah, I get it, they're riding high in Rupert Murdoch's self styled fifth richest league in the world, they might just make it into the intergalactic Premiership next season and be fellated and patronised in equal measure by the Neville brothers and MacLoed can buy himself a baby Bentley or white Range Rover. Brentford, bloody hell.

Still, at least it wasn't Bournemouth he was linked too. Bloody hell.

Any half-decent footballer with ambition will want to move on from Rangers the way we are just now. McLeod should look at his options and pick the one he thinks is best for his career.

Templeton is another who could resurrect his career elsewhere, and Boyd too. He should have gone to Aberdeen when he had the chance. He was never going to fit in at Ally's Rangers.

People say that we should forget the football and sort out the board. A consequence of that is promising players wanting out. We do need to sort out the board but while the club is in the charge of a management team that looks as though it would rather be somewhere else, the talent, such as it is, will want to depart - and so it should.

Edited by Hildy