Hi all. I can appreciate why it would be a bitter pill to lose a great prospect to a traditionally small club such as ours.

Just for a bit of context, as have been mentioned Griffin Park has been at near capacity all season. Our last four home games have seen two sell-outs and an 11.8k crowd. If it weren't for the restrictions that get placed on buying tickets - they don't go on general sale due to the small size of the away end - we would sell out every game.

As for maintaining our current progress on 10k gates, no we probably couldn't. But we have planning permission for a new 20,000-seat stadium which we will move into within a few years. Not many know what's going on at Brentford but I firmly believe we are the most revolutionary club in the country and one of the most exciting in Europe.

The below piece is probably as good as any that has been written about us in recent months.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/dec/27/brentford-buzz-bee-mark-warburton-matthew-benham

Having spent my life watching Brentford play Oldham, Carlisle, Walsall et all every season, it's all very strange and very exciting.

We won't go up this season, it's too soon. But I firmly believe we will be in the Premier League within three years.

All the best.

good luck to you but even in the epl you would be much much smaller than rangers.

we really shouldn't be losing players to brentford. but we may well such are our issues.

If Brentford do establish themselves in the EPL, then they will receive minimum 80 million plus a season from broadcasting from 2016 apparently. It's possible if they stay in the EPL for 10 years. they will receive a billion pounds more than any Scottish club in that time.

Scottish football is busted, just like most other non top 5 leagues. Our teams are sleep walking into total irrelevance. We need really radical change quickly if any scottish club wants to have the financial muscle to ward off approaches from even (no offence) third rate english teams for their best players. Soon we will lose all our 'top' talent to the english fourth tier as the TV bonanza trickles down ever more (God it makes you jealous and sick!).

m8, we're on a downward spiral at the moment, i can't see us even contending for a playoff spot, with hibs up our rear and raith up theirs, we're dropping points like its no tomorrow, i wouldn't be at all shocked if we ended up 5th.

as it pains me to say this, the deadwood and the rot has well and truly set in and its destroying our foundations

I still predict he'll be back up the road at a Dundee Hivs or a Sheep within 18 months.

He'll be a squad player at Brentford IMO.

if he goes I really hope he is a success. the fear is that when he rolls up for training he is so off the pace that he doesn't get a start and doesn't establish himself in the team.

Guest Canary Wharf Bee
good luck to you but even in the epl you would be much much smaller than rangers.

we really shouldn't be losing players to brentford. but we may well such are our issues.

If you base the size of club on fanbase and past success, we are of course smaller than Rangers. But we are also smaller than, for example, Leeds, but are still a more attractive proposition for young players.