if he goes I really hope he is a success. the fear is that when he rolls up for training he is so off the pace that he doesn't get a start and doesn't establish himself in the team.

IMO he will be another in a huge line of 'promising' Scottish players who have tried their luck in England and have failed, only to come back up the road and dwindle their career away.

I think he is a 'decent' player, but some of his performances (along with the rest of the team) have been dreadful at times.

I certainly do not buy into the hype surrounding the lad - and I don't think he will be guaranteed a game at Brentford at all. His fitness will be a long way behind their players for a start. He might get the odd game from the bench but not much more IMO. Will be back in Scotland within 18 months. Mark my words.

Good luck to him - because I think he'll need it.

Edited by MoodyBlue

It takes more than a club willing to buy and a club willing to sell to see a playyer moving. Macleod could do us a favour and decline.

A bit strange if it goes through like that. Has Llambias' master withdrawn the chequebook for the time being?

NB: No matter how or when he goes, there should be at least a 10% sell-on clause in any contract.

Edited by der Berliner

If you base the size of club on fanbase and past success, we are of course smaller than Rangers. But we are also smaller than, for example, Leeds, but are still a more attractive proposition for young players.

I'm really not convinced he will get a regular game for Brentford. His fitness won't be the best and I'm just not sure he will be able to establsih himself as a regular first team player.

If you base the size of club on fanbase and past success, we are of course smaller than Rangers. But we are also smaller than, for example, Leeds, but are still a more attractive proposition for young players.

you are dead right . unfortunately so many of our support have this arrogant attitude that we are the rangers and we expect to be top of the pile, despite the fact we are in the mess we are. any form of realistic expectation voiced is seen as lacking ambition etc. to rebuild we should have seen ourselves as a smaller club and taken our recovery step by step. I wouldn't let my son anywhere near rangers as they are at present and would be encouraging Lewis to make the move now before he is dragged down.

I'm really not convinced he will get a regular game for Brentford. His fitness won't be the best and I'm just not sure he will be able to establsih himself as a regular first team player.

these are all good reasons he should get the hell out then...

Brentford appear to be doing it the right way. I hope you go on to match or better the feats of Swansea. Went to Griffin Park on one occasion about fifteen years ago when Manchester City were the visitors. Game was called off due to fog so never actually got in, but the lap of the stadium was most enjoyable! :D

It takes more than a club willing to buy and a club willing to sell to see a playyer moving. Macleod could do us a favour and decline.

A bit strange if it goes through like that. Has Llambias' master withdrawn the chequebook for the time being?

NB: No matter how or when he goes, there should be at least a 10% sell-on clause in any contract.

what cheque book?