This move shows what a low priority success on the park is to the Rangers Board.

They should be chased for their lives.

it should be terrifying everyone as to why they don't give the proverbial flying one about what happens on the pitch.

Guest Canary Wharf Bee
Brentford appear to be doing it the right way. I hope you go on to match or better the feats of Swansea. Went to Griffin Park on one occasion about fifteen years ago when Manchester City were the visitors. Game was called off due to fog so never actually got in, but the lap of the stadium was most enjoyable! :D

Remember it well. The rearranged game was actually postponed as well so we ending up playing - and losing 1-0 - that 3rd round game on 4th round day.

Anyway, thanks very much. It seems a bit glib to bang on about how great things are given what's sadly happened to Rangers but we've certainly waited long enough for this time to come. We've had to endure two scurrilous owners who bled us dry, two spells in the bottom division, stave off a groundshare with non-league Woking. In 94/95 we finished second but were denied promotion to what is now the Championship as they were reducing the number of teams in the PL. Of course, we lost on penalties in the play-offs. I believe we're the only club to play in both play-off and Football League Trophy finals at the old Wembley, new Wembley and Millennium Stadium and contrived to lose them all. After the infamous injury time penalty miss and subsequent Doncaster goal on the final day of 12/13 (a new unique and novel way to cock things up even by Brentford's standards) it really did feel as if we were cursed but thanks to Matthew Benham's long-term vision and Wigan poaching Rosler (I don't think we'd have gone up if he stayed) we were promoted with three games to spare last season.

Without Matthew Benham we would be in the Conference, or worse. We're incredibly lucky to have him.

Hopefully you'll make it back one day - you should find that Gers fans are made to feel most welcome at GP.

Edited by Canary Wharf Bee

Remember it well. The rearranged game was actually postponed as well so we ending up playing - and losing 1-0 - that 3rd round game on 4th round day.

Anyway, thanks very much. It seems a bit glib to bang on about how great things are given what's sadly happened to Rangers but we've certainly waited long enough for this time to come. We've had to endure two scurrilous owners who bled us dry, two spells in the bottom division, stave off a groundshare with non-league Woking. In 94/95 we finished second but were denied promotion to what is now the Championship as they were reducing the number of teams in the PL. Of course, we lost on penalties in the play-offs. I believe we're the only club to play in both play-off and Football League Trophy finals at the old Wembley, new Wembley and Millennium Stadium and contrived to lose them all. After the infamous injury time penalty miss and subsequent Doncaster goal on the final day of 12/13 (a new unique and novel way to cock things up even by Brentford's standards) it really did feel as if we were cursed but thanks to Matthew Benham's long-term vision and Wigan poaching Rosler (I don't think we'd have gone up if he stayed) we were promoted with three games to spare last season.

Without Matthew Benham we would be in the Conference, or worse. We're incredibly lucky to have him.

Hopefully you'll make it back one day - you should find that Gers fans are made to feel most welcome at GP.

I have followed your recent fortunes as I have a pal at work who goes to watch you. He often tells me that the footballing gods conspire against Brentford whenever they can! :D

Good luck with your progress.

Edited by Rangersitis

Those fans - and pundits - who lauded the arrival of Mike Ashley because of his billionaire status - how do they feel now when a promising young player is being sold off for a million quid?

If Mike Ashley needs Rangers to be successful, why are we letting talent leave for such a modest fee?

Those fans - and pundits - who lauded the arrival of Mike Ashley because of his billionaire status - how do they feel now when a promising young player is being sold off for a million quid?

If Mike Ashley needs Rangers to be successful, why are we letting talent leave for such a modest fee?

they'll blame it on the boycott of course

It's all the fault of the 'bhoycotters' and 'blue tims'.

Canary Wharf Bee - I know one of your players quite well - Tommy Smith.

Not really featured too much this season after his move from Cardiff. Scored when he came on in the first game of the season, but has been hit with some niggling injuries (old age !) and getting the odd sub appearance. He's a good lad and a good pro. Wanted to move back to the London area to be closer to his family as he's a Hertforshsire boy and jumped at the chance when Brentford came in for him in the summer.

Edited by MoodyBlue

Looks like this is actually happening.

aye it does. bbc have it on their page.. a real shame and hopefully the sell on clause is as onerous in Rangers favour as some of the fucking beauties we are bound by.

I hope they spend the money in paying off the "management" team and get someone in pronto. if they don't turn football round soon no one will be going to any of the games, Celtic excepted as everyone wants a piece of that particular pie!!!