If we were still in the third division and sold Macleod for the going rate there, would you have considered that good business?

I don't know how he will get on there. All I said was that most Scottish players in this situation don't tend to do very well. Look at McCabe who was a standout for us at a higher level and spent last season in league 2 in England.

That doesn't mean that this is good business. He has shown plenty promise and £1m will disappear in seconds down a black hole. Selling our one good player for a pittance makes us increasingly likely to spend another season in the Championship and god knows what state we will be in by that stage.

Oh I agree we'll spend another season in the Championship, if not starting again at the bottom, I can't see promotion and selling MacLeod only underlines that. I also agree the money will vanish like every other penny the club's taken in the last few years. So I accept it isn't good business in terms of improving the side, it's the opposite of that.

£1 million isn't a pittance though. It might be small change to some clubs but none of them are in Scotland, it still represents good business, considering our desperation and poor governance I'm amazed we didn't end up giving Brentford money frankly.

McCabe only played 7 games for us, he left far too soon, everyone could see that but him and his agent, and Wilson simply joined the wrong club. But guys like Burke, Adam, Hutton and McCormick have had decent careers in England, McLeod has at least the potential they had.

Oh I agree we'll spend another season in the Championship, if not starting again at the bottom, I can't see promotion and selling MacLeod only underlines that. I also agree the money will vanish like every other penny the club's taken in the last few years. So I accept it isn't good business in terms of improving the side, it's the opposite of that.

£1 million isn't a pittance though. It might be small change to some clubs but none of them are in Scotland, it still represents good business, considering our desperation and poor governance I'm amazed we didn't end up giving Brentford money frankly.

McCabe only played 7 games for us, he left far too soon, everyone could see that but him and his agent, and Wilson simply joined the wrong club. But guys like Burke, Adam, Hutton and McCormick have had decent careers in England, McLeod has at least the potential they had.

We'll have to agree to disagree :).

maybe the brentford fan could answer but do they have a track record of developing young talent?

as it stands Macleod has managed to look pretty talented at times - despite what we would all agree was shocking management in a rank team.

he's at the stage now where he needs coached properly in a decent team - if that happens the 1M be a steal

if they think he's the finished article he may well fail.

maybe the brentford fan could answer but do they have a track record of developing young talent?

as it stands Macleod has managed to look pretty talented at times - despite what we would all agree was shocking management in a rank team.

he's at the stage now where he needs coached properly in a decent team - if that happens the 1M be a steal

if they think he's the finished article he may well fail.

Brentford were one of the standout youth academies in England , infact they were getting so many scouts at their youth/reserve games they had to start limiting them , then the EPL brought in the outrageous rule on getting to cherry pick good youth players for absolute peanuts , so they were actually debating whether to close , or severely reduce the level of youth development they operate at .

Brentford were one of the standout youth academies in England , infact they were getting so many scouts at their youth/reserve games they had to start limiting them , then the EPL brought in the outrageous rule on getting to cherry pick good youth players for absolute peanuts , so they were actually debating whether to close , or severely reduce the level of youth development they operate at .

Sounds like they could really elevate the lad to his true potential then