Looks like this is actually happening.

Rangers: Lewis Macleod on brink of Brentford move.

Rangers midfielder Lewis Macleod is on the verge of joining English Championship side Brentford, BBC Scotland understands.

The 20-year-old is expected to travel south for a medical within the next 24 hours.

A transfer fee of around £1m has already been agreed.

Midfielder Macleod has been one of Rangers' brightest lights this season, netting eight goals in all competitions for the Ibrox side.

He scored the only goals as Rangers secured 1-0 wins over Premiership sides Inverness Caledonian Thistle and St Johnstone in the League Cup.

Macleod received his first call up to the Scotland squad for the Euro 2016 qualifier against Republic of Ireland and the friendly against England in November.

He was also named the Scottish Professional Football League's young player of the month for November.

Having broken into the Rangers first team in the 2012-13 season, Macleod made 26 appearances that term and then 21 appearances in 2013-14, netting five goals.

If the deal goes through with Brentford, he will be joining a side currently sixth in the English second tier.

The Bees are managed by Mark Warburton, with former Rangers defender David Weir his assistant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30631805

I disagree with you there SBS!

He was the only star in our team and we dont seem to function when he isn't playing. He will go on and have a great career!

The fact that we are graping so little for a player whose value should be way higher, when there are 2 offers of finance on the table is shocking!

I believe that admin 2 will happen early next year and those fuks that run us are 100% to blame.

Bloody disgraceful!!!

I don't see him standing out in England to be honest.

I agree.

I'm on record as saying I think he is a 'decent' player, but no more than that.

He will struggle in England and will be back up in Scotland within 18 months and sign for the Sheep or the Arabs or some pish like that.

I'm not actually convinced he will be a regular in the Brentford side.

I disagree with you there SBS!

He was the only star in our team and we dont seem to function when he isn't playing. He will go on and have a great career!

The fact that we are graping so little for a player whose value should be way higher, when there are 2 offers of finance on the table is shocking!

I believe that admin 2 will happen early next year and those fuks that run us are 100% to blame.

Bloody disgraceful!!!

He's our star player yes but we're little better than a Conference level team.