If we're being realistic then £1 million for a 20 year old who has yet to play in the Scottish top flight and had a serious heart condition earlier this year is good business. Scott Arfield left Falkirk for £600,000, Johnny Russell for £750,000 and Ryan Gauld £1,500,000 plus add ons that might take it to £3 mill, so £1 mill seems pretty good, assuming that is what we'll get.

I disagree with those who question MacLoed's ability, he might be playing at a lowly level but he's clearly got enough to take him to another level if he can stay clear of injuries. He's acquitted himself well when he played against SPL sides and he wasn't chosen for the last Scotland squad because Strachan and his coaches wanted to do us a favour.

In an ideal world we'd have kept MacLoed, built a team around him and sold him in 3 years time or made him captain and gone on to become a club legend. But we've not lived in an ideal world for a long time.

Good luck to him, he brought joy where there was otherwise only pain.

It's not anything close to resembling good business. Falkirk got as much for McGrandles.

If he moves for £1m from us to Brentford, then I'd like to offer a cyber bet that his next move after that, he will move for less than £1m.

I wouldn't be that surprised if that was the case because the vast majority of players who look good here fail in England. That said, £1m cannot be considered 'good business', based on how he has performed for us.

He may be our 'best player' but is that actually saying anything ?? He has absolutely no competition for that accolade.

He has also put is some pretty rank performances against pub teams over the past few years.

I'm just not convinced he is as good as many Rangers fans think he is. Realistically, could he command a fee much beyond £1m to £1.5m ?? I don't think so.

Edited by MoodyBlue

He may be our 'best player' but is that actually saying anything ?? He has absolutely no competition for that accolade.

He has also put is some pretty rank performances against pub teams over the past few years.

I'm just not convinced he is as good as many Rangers fans think he is. Realistically, could he command a fee much beyond £1m to £1.5m ?? I don't think so.

The thing is, even if we were in the SPL challenging for the title, I doubt we'd get that much more. Unless players stand out massively eg Hutton, Ferguson, Boumsong and Cuellar, we always get an absolute pittance for our players. And for as far back as I can remember, our players have always been very readily available for transfer.

We only got £500k for now premiership regular Charlie Adam, the tims got almost £2m for Craig Beattie. Given our revenue and size, we should be getting more than £1m for a player like Macleod.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy