I never wanted him at the club in the first place, and nothing to do with his footballing talent. Though he has proved me right in that regard too, because Ian Black is not, never was and never will be Rangers class - either as a person or a player. He is a wage thief - I watch U10 players with more talent than this guy.

Sadly, he is the norm rather than the exception at the Club.

Brown is an excellent player ? Fck me, how Scottish standards have dropped. He isn't even very good. Excellent ? Absolutely no chance. IMHO of course.

methinks your specs are so deeply blue tinted that you can't see what's in front of you. He's not captain of club and country for no reason. Nobody is saying that he's Cruyff, but every good team has an enforcer that can destroy opposition moves as well as knowing what to do with the ball when he gets it. He is excellent at what he does.

Anyway, I've reached my quota for the year of saying nice things about celtic players, so I'm out now.

People may not like Black's style of tackling, but at least the footballer Ian Black gives you 100% of what the footballer Ian Black has to offer every game. It may be not that much, but if at least 7 or 8 of those regulars next to him of the park would do the same, we'd not be in a position where we are now, and have been for years.

What utter garbage!!! Black trots around like a show horse, but never actually breaks into a gallop. 100%????? :D:D

Edited by Anchorman

methinks your specs are so deeply blue tinted that you can't see what's in front of you. He's not captain of club and country for no reason. Nobody is saying that he's Cruyff, but every good team has an enforcer that can destroy opposition moves as well as knowing what to do with the ball when he gets it. He is excellent at what he does.

Anyway, I've reached my quota for the year of saying nice things about celtic players, so I'm out now.

Brown is only one rung of the ladder above Black in terms of quality and leadership. "Excellent enforcer"? Is his tackling that much braver than Blacks? Both kid-on hard men. Ask Neymar or Charnley if they think Broony tackles 'like a man'.

Christian Daily, Steven Pressley, Jackie McNamara, Stephen McManus and Gary Caldwell have all captained Scotland. Captaining Scotland means absolutely nothing and captaining Europa League cannon fodder like Celtic means even less.

I think Scott Brown is better than most of us give him credit, he is a reasonably decent player. He's certainly not excellent or anything vaguely resembling it though. Notice no premiership clubs have shown any interest in him.

Brown is an excellent player ? Fck me, how Scottish standards have dropped. He isn't even very good. Excellent ? Absolutely no chance. IMHO of course.

Like it or not,Brown is an excellent player,probably the best in Scotland.

As much as I liked Thomson signing with us,we should have went the extra wee bit

And signed a franchise player,which Brown certainly is.