Can you link to an example of where this has happened before?

I'm not aware of another club that has done this, although it may well have happened somewhere.

It would be nice if we were the first. What are your concerns and fears?

I'm not aware of another club that has done this, although it may well have happened somewhere.

It would be nice if we were the first. What are your concerns and fears?

I don't know where fear comes into it. My only concern is that what you are saying is really just a load of rubbish. You started by claiming that ownership open to all is necessary despite the fact that Rangers is operated by a PLC. That is to say ownership is already open to all. When questioned about this you cite familiar example of members clubs and then admit you have no idea if these examples are helpful analogues for us to look at. I hope I'm not being unfair in this summation.

I'm a member of the RST community share scheme and completely in favour of fan ownership. Every time someone mentions something about a big man coming along and buying the club and then selling it back to fans or scrapping the PLC structure to sell fans memberships I have to laugh. Although it would certainly be nice I think that these ideas make fan ownership more difficult to achieve.

This recent trade should make it clear to fans that power can only come through share ownership. Fans should focus on buying shares and we can do so as individuals or as part of, I think, 3 different groups. That is the signal and the rest is noise.

I don't know where fear comes into it. My only concern is that what you are saying is really just a load of rubbish. You started by claiming that ownership open to all is necessary despite the fact that Rangers is operated by a PLC. That is to say ownership is already open to all. When questioned about this you cite familiar example of members clubs and then admit you have no idea if these examples are helpful analogues for us to look at. I hope I'm not being unfair in this summation.

I'm a member of the RST community share scheme and completely in favour of fan ownership. Every time someone mentions something about a big man coming along and buying the club and then selling it back to fans or scrapping the PLC structure to sell fans memberships I have to laugh. Although it would certainly be nice I think that these ideas make fan ownership more difficult to achieve.

This recent trade should make it clear to fans that power can only come through share ownership. Fans should focus on buying shares and we can do so as individuals or as part of, I think, 3 different groups. That is the signal and the rest is noise.

It's true that ownership is already open to all but fans becoming shareholders is a fairly modern trend. All the older fans I know never dreamt of owning shares in Rangers. It was a bit of a luxury, something the well to do could afford to do but not the guys who were on ordinary incomes. It's only in relatively recent times that fans could buy shares in Celtic and the RST popularised the notion at Rangers when a share was given away with every membership.

The west of Scotland has a large working class culture where share-buying was seen as 'not for the likes of us'.

As for example clubs to look at, a number have been given. We should be looking at these clubs because our own situation has been nightmarish and could repeat again in the future. Do we really want Rangers to bob around on the open market indefinitely according to the whims of hedge funds and rich individuals, or do we want to bring Rangers into the care of a democratically organised support?

I think we have to be open-minded and, if necessary, groundbreaking in the way we look after Rangers. The situation the way things are has sailed us far too close to the rocks.

Not just Einstein's prodigy, also a comedy genius. What a guy, what an absolute guy..............

Hedgehog you say........oh stop my sides splitting, please!

Guffaww, guffawww

Guy's we are in the season of good cheer, You don't need to first foot each other but please keep it civil.

RNS

02 January 2015

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers" or the "Company")

Holding in Company

The Company has been informed that on 31 December 2014, George Taylor, Douglas Park and George Letham acquired 5,000,000, 5,000,000 and 3,299,415 ordinary shares of 1p each respectively, representing 6.14%, 6.14% and 4.05% of issued share capital. A DTR announcement is expected to follow in due course.

The Board of Rangers is delighted that George Taylor, an existing Significant Shareholder, and George Letham, who provided the Company with a credit facility in 2014, together with Douglas Park have demonstrated their commitment to the Company through this purchase. The Directors welcome their continued enthusiasm towards contributing to the future success of the Company and club.

Mind the "could" in there, but here we go anyway ...

Rangers Fan ownership groups ready to back Three Bears in Ibrox game of thrones

RANGERS fan ownership groups are set to throw their support behind The Three Bears consortium in the escalating battle for power at Ibrox.

And they could be joined by Walter Smith and Ally McCoist in the latest twist to the club's game of thrones.

Backing for the three wealthy businessmen is growing after they became the major shareholders in Rangers this week.

George Letham, Douglas Park and George Taylor snapped up 13.29million shares from Laxey Partners on Wednesday. That £2.3million outlay gives them a 20% stake in the club.

That could be set to increase as they have offered to underwrite a future share issue to the tune of £6.5m.

Rangers football board chairman Sandy Easdale, who holds proxy rights for Blue Pitch and Margarita and controls 27.15% of the club, has welcomed the prospect of talks.

Together with Mike Ashley, who is effectively running Rangers after lending them £3m to keep them afloat, they have a 36.07% stake.

But the Three Bears, who are looking for two places on the board, have already received pledges of backing from significant players.

Former managers McCoist and Smith, who together own over three per cent of Rangers, are both believed to be supportive of The Three Bears group. McCoist proxied his one million shares to his local Rangers supporters' club - Calderwood Loyal in East Kilbride - before the 2013 AGM.

Elsewhere, the Rangers fan ownership schemes BuyRangers and Rangers First are also open to the prospect of backing the group.

A Rangers First spokesman said: "If The Three Bears bring a proposal and seeks the support of the shares of Rangers First then we would put it to a vote of our members."

Rangers First, which asks fans to contribute a monthly fee, has received a flurry of support since the three men snapped up the block of shares owned by hedge fund Laxey. Buy Rangers, run by the Rangers Supporters Trust, currently owns 0.86% of the club and has also received a surge of interest in supporters in the last week.

Spokesman Chris Graham said: "George Letham is on the board of the Trust and a contributor to Buy Rangers. There is no question we would look to work closely with him."

ET