One of the three bears is on the RST board - George Letham. The RST wants fan ownership.

With Letham in such a prominent position, the club will hopefully look very seriously indeed at making this a reality.

Hope I'm not being too pedantic after this good news but I'm not sure what you imagine will happen.

Fans can already buy shares but, so far, many have only shown an interest in making excuses.

Hope I'm not being too pedantic after this good news but I'm not sure what you imagine will happen.

Fans can already buy shares but, so far, many have only shown an interest in making excuses.

I'm a member of the RST, but i think full fan ownership is a long way off. However i'm content to have the fans, RST and Rangers FIrst having a part to play in the future of our club now.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Thousands of fans holding a handful of shares in their own name didn't achieve much when David Murray was the main man and it isn't making much of a difference now with individual fans owning around 12% of the company.

A fan-owned club needs to be a member-owned club where every member has one vote - and there are no shares in it at all.

This will involve a major change in thinking but it will put the future of the club in the democratic hands of those who care for it the most. No-one will be able to buy ten or twenty per cent of the club because only a club membership in the name of one individual will be available.

The company has to go - the club has to become just that - a club - fully owned by the membership.

The 'three bears' are all RST friendly, and all three work and communicate with the RST, I'm led to believe. The RST will be remembered for their campaigning for the greater good once the dust settles. I am in doubt about that.

That said, we won't get full fan ownership but I expect a greater say in things. A tangible say in club affairs with an avenue for supporters to get involved besides the right people is all I ask for.

Having a greater say is all very well, but if the ownership of the club is always up for grabs, another crisis is inevitable. It might be nice to have a say in what colour our change strip is going to be, but in the grand scheme, it is nothing compared to having the club owned and secured by the massed ranks of the support.

That has to be the goal and if the good guys triumph, they surely cannot ignore this very harsh lesson that has cost us dearly.

Having a greater say is all very well, but if the ownership of the club is always up for grabs, another crisis is inevitable. It might be nice to have a say in what colour our change strip is going to be, but in the grand scheme, it is nothing compared to having the club owned and secured by the massed ranks of the support.

That has to be the goal and if the good guys triumph, they surely cannot ignore this very harsh lesson that has cost us dearly.

And there you have it. The club will be a club, controlled by one member, one vote, when you buy it and hand it over. Free.

Thousands of fans holding a handful of shares in their own name didn't achieve much when David Murray was the main man and it isn't making much of a difference now with individual fans owning around 12% of the company.

A fan-owned club needs to be a member-owned club where every member has one vote - and there are no shares in it at all.

This will involve a major change in thinking but it will put the future of the club in the democratic hands of those who care for it the most. No-one will be able to buy ten or twenty per cent of the club because only a club membership in the name of one individual will be available.

The company has to go - the club has to become just that - a club - fully owned by the membership.

Let me see if I understand what you are saying.

You are saying that someone will gain enough control to alter the structure of the company in a way such that nobody can buy shares. Whoever controls the company will then sell memberships which will entitle people to vote on something.

Is that right?

Let me see if I understand what you are saying.

You are saying that someone will gain enough control to alter the structure of the company in a way such that nobody can buy shares. Whoever controls the company will then sell memberships which will entitle people to vote on something.

Is that right?

Barcelona is member-owned. So are many top German clubs. You can't buy Barcelona - you can only be a member.

We have to engineer that situation at Rangers. It is a difficult and complex thing to achieve but it is possible if enough people want it.

If they don't, we'll end up in the hands of the wrong people again - and in crisis.

Edited by Hildy

And there you have it. The club will be a club, controlled by one member, one vote, when you buy it and hand it over. Free.

If one man or the three bears chose to sell the club to the support for a fair price, that would be fine by me.

I don't want or expect gifts and I don't want or expect anyone to be out of pocket.

If I bought Rangers for £20m I would offer it to the support for that exact sum. The last thing I would want is be the sole owner of Rangers but I would love to co-own it along with 100,000 other Rangers fans.

If one man or the three bears chose to sell the club to the support for a fair price, that would be fine by me.

I don't want or expect gifts and I don't want or expect anyone to be out of pocket.

If I bought Rangers for £20m I would offer it to the support for that exact sum. The last thing I would want is be the sole owner of Rangers but I would love to co-own it along with 100,000 other Rangers fans.

£20 million then, that was my point. We will have fan ownership soon but it will simply not be too widespread in the main. At least there is no doubting the fans who are proactive at the minute which is tremendous news for us all.