Barcelona is member-owned. So are many top German clubs. You can't buy Barcelona - you can only be a member.

We have to engineer that situation at Rangers. It is a difficult and complex thing to achieve but it is possible if enough people want it.

If they don't, we'll end up in the hands of the wrong people again - and in crisis.

But did I describe what you are talking about?

this from FF yesterday(scottyboy1 poster)

Re: Email to Laxeys

Laxey had ahreed a price with king months ago, why do you think they wer put off the board? And when they got put off the board they were leaking the somers emails etc! Laxey were advised by the good guys for monthsRe: Shares Update - 13.3 million bought by the good guysWait and see when the the faces when the other players arrive to join the party, its been a long battle but we have the end in sight, the ball isn't in the net yet but its not far away! A few moves to go yet but this was a biggie! Make no mistakes about that

Edited by Steve1872

Good news no doubt but being on the 'shoogly' fence regarding moving up and out of this hell shit league we still find ourselves in, can we progress on the park instead of wetting ourselves off it?

I'd expect a decent recruitment of player who will take us up, but suspect most fans will just be happy to start again next year which is nonsense.

But did I describe what you are talking about?

The technical aspect shouldn't be simplified and it may come about in a variety of ways, but the shareholders would not be out of pocket. They would be bought out and the company dissolved. The club would then enjoy a new legal status that would see it owned by the membership. Fans would become members of Rangers rather than shareholders in a company that controls Rangers.

We would not have a chairman - we would have an elected president.

Basically, we would look at fan ownership models from Barca to Real to Bayern and select what is best for us.

I would quite like to see the RST doing some serious research on this to let people know exactly what it would be like - could be like.

Good news no doubt but being on the 'shoogly' fence regarding moving up and out of this hell shit league we still find ourselves in, can we progress on the park instead of wetting ourselves off it?

I'd expect a decent recruitment of player who will take us up, but suspect most fans will just be happy to start again next year which is nonsense.

On the park cannot be fixed till the Boardroom is fixed.

Who do you think sold Lewis Mcleod?

So you think you are in a league above MOST FANS. As far asI can see it is the fans that have forced this situation so maybe they are not as stupid as you seem to think.

The technical aspect shouldn't be simplified and it may come about in a variety of ways, but the shareholders would not be out of pocket. They would be bought out and the company dissolved. The club would then enjoy a new legal status that would see it owned by the membership. Fans would become members of Rangers rather than shareholders in a company that controls Rangers.

Can you link to an example of where this has happened before?