Guest Hullbee

Hi to all Rangers fans and a happy new year!

Well. I've woken up today to find that we've signed one of your lads, Lewis McCloud and I think I'm delighted. But I know little about him and so wondered if you could give us a few pointers on what to expect?

I understand he plays midfield which is a little strange as that is one area I would say we don't need to strengthen. I'm guessing we've bought him as cover with a view to developing him for the future. But if called upon, is he ready for the Championship in your opinion? I've read that a couple of lower league clubs (namely Shrewsbury Town and Leyton Orient) were in for him but were put off by the asking price (reported here as around £400k).

Interested to hear your views on Lewis. Brentford is a progressive club and a good place for up and coming players so it seems a shrewd move by McCloud, the Reds seem to have signed a promising young player for the future and Rangers have a few bob in the bank so hopefully this will prove to be a good move for all concerned. Good luck for the rest of the season!

Hes an absolute gem of a player , fantastic first touch , has a whole range of passing , is strong and not afraid of a tackle and he can finish , imho his best position is as an attacking midfielder .

We are absolutely gutted to lose him and the fact he went to the championship , no disrespect , is another joke , it just shows how badly run we are .

Guest Hullbee
Hes an absolute gem of a player , fantastic first touch , has a whole range of passing , is strong and not afraid of a tackle and he can finish , imho his best position is as an attacking midfielder .

We are absolutely gutted to lose him and the fact he went to the championship , no disrespect , is another joke , it just shows how badly run we are .

So, as you're gutted that he has gone to a Championship club, I guess you're saying he's Premier League standard? If so this is very encouraging for us as it reconfirms our Premier League ambitions. People still view Brentford in the light of our eternity in the bottom two tiers but things have changed at the club beyond comprehension. We're brushing aside teams like Cardiff and Fulham - both Premier League last season and after decades of effort, our new stadium, capable of sustaining a Premier League club is finally happening. I can see why an up and coming star would want to jump on board.

Mate, you only have to look at our results when he is not in the team. The one piece of creativity we had in our make up, and he's gone. Personally I'm gutted. I hope the boy does well with you, as he is a good, modest, grounded lad to boot. Which is more that can be said for some in our squad.

BTW, can you recommend any hotels in Brentford? I'm down there in a couple of weeks on business. :P

Guest Hullbee
Mate, you only have to look at our results when he is not in the team. The one piece of creativity we had in our make up, and he's gone. Personally I'm gutted. I hope the boy does well with you, as he is a good, modest, grounded lad to boot. Which is more that can be said for some in our squad.

BTW, can you recommend any hotels in Brentford? I'm down there in a couple of weeks on business. :P

Not really. The Premier Inn for cheap and cheerful. If you're looking for something a bit more up market, one of the Heathrow hotels would be better. :)

Guest Hullbee
What are Brentford planning to do if you get into the Prem as you still have standing there dont you?
Yes we do. And although it would probably be straight forward enough to convert to an all seater, the capacity and facilities wouldn't be acceptable to the Premier League. It isn't an issue we'd even considered until a few months ago. This season was supposed to be about consolidating but we seem to be a bit better than we realised and it's caught us out a bit.

Promotion is still a long shot but if it did happen, there are talks of negotiating a dreaded ground share - possibly with F****m or worse still, Q** until the new stadium is ready in 2017.

A few years ago, a young player at Rangers showed great promise. Unfortunately, he was frequently played out of position and his lack of pace got fans on his back and the management tended to hook him when the team was under-performing or leave him out in favour of lesser players who were perceived to be grafters.

He had loads of ability but it was hard for him to produce his best in positions not suited to him. The boo boys eventually decided he was a candidate for the worst Rangers player ever, which was absurd, but this was how a number of highly critical fans saw him.

Eventually, he was sold for a modest fee to an unfashionable English club where he was widely expected to bomb. When a player leaves Rangers, the only way is down, or so we have long chosen to think.

The player in question was Charlie Adam. I'm told he's done quite well in England for a player that was expected to disappear without a trace.

Brentford fans should make up their own minds about McLeod. If he does half as well as Charlie Adam, they'll have no cause to complain.