A few years ago, a young player at Rangers showed great promise. Unfortunately, he was frequently played out of position and his lack of pace got fans on his back and the management tended to hook him when the team was under-performing or leave him out in favour of lesser players who were perceived to be grafters.

He had loads of ability but it was hard for him to produce his best in positions not suited to him. The boo boys eventually decided he was a candidate for the worst Rangers player ever, which was absurd, but this was how a number of highly critical fans saw him.

Eventually, he was sold for a modest fee to an unfashionable English club where he was widely expected to bomb. When a player leaves Rangers, the only way is down, or so we have long chosen to think.

The player in question was Charlie Adam. I'm told he's done quite well in England for a player that was expected to disappear without a trace.

Brentford fans should make up their own minds about McLeod. If he does half as well as Charlie Adam, they'll have no cause to complain.

Charlie Adam was atrocious for us. Partly down to bad management but he was given plenty chances.

So, as you're gutted that he has gone to a Championship club, I guess you're saying he's Premier League standard? If so this is very encouraging for us as it reconfirms our Premier League ambitions. People still view Brentford in the light of our eternity in the bottom two tiers but things have changed at the club beyond comprehension. We're brushing aside teams like Cardiff and Fulham - both Premier League last season and after decades of effort, our new stadium, capable of sustaining a Premier League club is finally happening. I can see why an up and coming star would want to jump on board.

Nobody can really say because Macleod is untested against any remotely decent opposition.

The Championship in England will be an absolutely massive step up in terms of the quality of player/team and professionalism.

He will certainly take a while to adapt. Unlike who he has been playing against, these are not pub teams and he will notice the pace and intensity being far greater than what he has been used to.

I can see him being on the bench for the next few months and getting the odd appearance here and there. What he does in these appearnces will determine if he is able to get a regular starting place. As mentioned previously - I think the lad will struggle. Will be a big culture shock on and off the park.

Edited by MoodyBlue