Today's transfer rumours

Just a thread for us to post the latest "news" from the papers and rumours.

Lots of places are carrying the Hartley story.

Rumours still persist that we've also bid for Nielson and/or Gordon. The latter I still find very hard to believe, but Nielson might make sense if Walter doesn't rate Hutton. Besides, the NOTW reckons Bayern and Arsenal are in for Gordon at 6M, but then it is the NOTW we're talking about.

The Buffel story is also mentioned in a few places.

Any more?

I hope the Gordon story is true. Maybe Walter can persuade him to join us rather than the EPL but if Arsenal come in i cant see it. However we might be more attractive than Fulham.

Neilson is a RB is he not?? Certainly a position we need cover for.

If I were Craig Gordon and Arsenal, Bayern and Rangers were vying for my signature I know where I'd go and it wouldn't be to Glasgow or Munich and I'm not saying that because I follow the Gunners either. If Gordon moves to Arsenal what a move that would be for him and he'd be 1st choice.

If I were Craig Gordon and Arsenal, Bayern and Rangers were vying for my signature I know where I'd go and it wouldn't be to Glasgow or Munich and I'm not saying that because I follow the Gunners either. If Gordon moves to Arsenal what a move that would be for him and he'd be 1st choice.

Asides from playing for one of the top sides in Europe the main thing in choosing Arsenal would be in your last sentence Gav - he would be 1st choice. That is huge when a young keeper is looking at deciding on a club - Lehmann won't last much longer and there is no doubt Gordon would be 1st choice.

I am not sold on Neilson - except we do need cover/competition at RB.

Hartley I would take.

I read that Arsenil had no interest in Gordon. Werner thought he was a good keeper but not in his first few choices. I think the day's of us paying 4 mil for a keeper are gone for the time being. Gordon has made more blunders than McGregor this year in the games i have seen so i would stick with Allen and put my money on a midfielder.

Gordon has made more blunders than McGregor this year in the games i have seen

He should have been pulled up for match fixing with that blunder at Parkhead!!

Ive seen Gordon a few times for Hearts. In the Edinburgh derby he pulled of an amazing save in injury time to deny Hibs the win. But for Scotland he has been very good when ive seen him.

Gordon is gonna be a great keeper for the next 10-15 years. Surely if we could pull out the stops to get him, that would be one position sorted for a long time to come. As for Neilson, well Stewarty would be better then Hutton s get him in!!

On Follow Follow, the latest "exclusive" comes from someone who knows someone who is a friend of Robbie Neilson. The "you heard it here first" news this time is that Hartley and Gordon will sign for us tomorrow morning.

Silly season indeed.