However, BBC Scotland has learned that the move has prompted one large shareholder to lodge complaints with the takeover panel and the Financial Conduct Authority.

Those bodies have yet to respond, but the shareholder believes King is working in concert with the Park consortium in a bid to seize control.

Takeover panel rules dictate that, if a consortium crosses the 29.9% threshold, it must make an offer to buy the rest of the company.

Both parties together hold more than 34%, but King and Park are adamant they are separate groups.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30661103

The irony.

What about Ashley's control with under 10% of shares?

Edited by Blue Moon

However, BBC Scotland has learned that the move has prompted one large shareholder to lodge complaints with the takeover panel and the Financial Conduct Authority.

Those bodies have yet to respond, but the shareholder believes King is working in concert with the Park consortium in a bid to seize control.

Takeover panel rules dictate that, if a consortium crosses the 29.9% threshold, it must make an offer to buy the rest of the company.

Both parties together hold more than 34%, but King and Park are adamant they are separate groups.

Prove it, Jack. :)

I don't see what the problem is with the 30% rule anyway. The offer price they will have to offer won't be far away from the current price, and it is fairly certain that Ashley et al won't sell so any offer won't actually cost much relatively speaking, but it might just get them a few more % to cement their status as the majority and get to run the club unopposed.

Or am I reading this all wrong?

thank you Capitalist bastards who are 'Gers men

thank you Lawell and the SFA for actually caring about our club

There is a god...(even though I'm an atheist !)

Not sure your second thank you has any thing to do with caring about our club. More likely to do with the stagnation of Scottish football (less income) and empty seats at the girodome.

Wonder what part of that article McLaughlin contributed.....:rolleyes:

Jack tells the world Sandy welcomes the Three Bears and King.

Jack tells the BBC "They're a pure concert party an arat...."

We've has a concert party for years aka the Easdale Bloc 26% my arse!

I think it would be a blessing as it would let them know where everyone stands.

As you say, it wouldn't be a huge price per share, and a lot less than some people paid. I know the money won't go to the club, but getting a good majority shareholding is also important, and basically for peanuts.

Wonder what part of that article McLaughlin contributed.....:rolleyes:

Jack tells the world Sandy welcomes the Three Bears and King.

Jack tells the BBC "They're a pure concert party an arat...."

We've has a concert party for years aka the Easdale Bloc 26% my arse!

If either or both of the new buyers had to make an offer to buy all shares, what would the bill be if everyone agreed to sell?

What shares are still available, big players

BPH

Margerita

MA

Edit

MASH (Ashley) 8.9%

River & Merc 7%

Blue Pitch 5.4%

Sandy Easdale 5.2%

Margarita 3.2%

Letham 4.0%

Taylor 9.3%

Park 6.1%

King 14.6%

If I were Blue Pitch / Margerita, I'd seriously consider heading for the exit sooner than later.

They are probably still sitting on a tidy profit now, but there's not a cat in hells chance of a dividend in the foreseeable future. Moreover, If the good guys get to 50% without them, then they (BPH / Marg) will be an irrelevance and there will be no need to buy them out.