If King + 3 bears + fans + Walter/Ally = 48% then the Easdale's holding might become crucial . This might not be over yet - how badly does Ashley want to keep control ? . I'm sure there are some holding shares who King etc. will not want to deal with , maybe the Easdales become the lesser evil . Although I'm delighted with the last couple of days action , the champagne's not getting opened until 51% is in the bag .

As far as I see it, Ashley has control over the merchandise deals. He excerts a certain control over the club as long as his 3m loan is in place, but that runs out on April, does it not? So what sort of influence against - by now - massive blocks of shareholders can he excert?

Edited by der Berliner

As far as I see it, Ashley has control over the merchandise deals. He excerts a certain control over the club as long as his 3m loan is in place, but that runs out on April, does it not? So what sort of influence against - by now - massive blocks of shareholders can he excert?

he controls easdale sommers and lambias and until we outnumber them on the board we have got nowhere.

Where does Ian Hart fit into things these days, at one stage he had a shareholding of around 1.3% I believe and was obviously aligned to the Blue Knights at one stage. However, he does seem to still be in with the current board despite deciding to step down as a Director. I noticed at the AGM he was taking a fair bit of abuse by a few people as he took his seat (as a shareholder). What is the story with him. Could King, Letham, Park etc. rely on his shareholding?

I don't have no great objection to the principle but at present none of the existing vehicles work for me personally.

That covers it for me too.

The RST have failed to engage with enough of the fanbase over a number of years and now have too much baggage to appeal to a large number disaffected by various internal squabbles; The RF comes across as a mixture of the jilted girlfriends of the RST and a handy way for the Louden to keep the tills ringing.

Like everything else within the club, there needs to be a radical rethink on how to best approach the future. Any fan ownership initiative needs a fresh model and it has to be independent of the various factions.

I completely agree with some of these points, but disagree with your comments on RF because despite the fact that I don't subscribe to it personally, I do think it's a venture/initiative started by people with good intentions.

I also think the comment about the Louden tills is a bit daft because they run a VERY busy pub which would be busy no matter whether they were involved in the RF initiative or not.

Not only that, but Louden family such as Greg who's a Gersnet member is also an RST member IIRC.

Despite the ex-RST connections, I think RF was probably just born from a knowledge that something completely fresh (and basically an alternative) might be a good idea.

I completely agree with some of these points, but disagree with your comments on RF because despite the fact that I don't subscribe to it personally, I do think it's a venture/initiative started by people with good intentions.

I also think the comment about the Louden tills is a bit daft because they run a VERY busy pub which would be busy no matter whether they were involved in the RF initiative or not.

Not only that, but Louden family such as Greg who's a Gersnet member is also an RST member IIRC.

Despite the ex-RST connections, I think RF was probably just born from a knowledge that something completely fresh (and basically an alternative) might be a good idea.

Also worth noting that Robert and Greg collectively have put a lot of their own money / shares into RF, it's completely unfair to suggest they are doing so for personal profit.