I don't want Ally back, although I'm not ruling this possibility out, and I don't want Souness or Smith back either - in any capacity.

Until Rangers learns to face the future with new blood, it will never be all that we want it to be.

These names distinguished themselves in the past, and that's where they belong.

No more Smith, no more Souness and no more McCoist. Close these chapters for good.

Edited by Hildy

I don't want Ally back, although I'm not ruling this possibility out, and I don't want Souness or Smith back either - in any capacity.

Until Rangers learns to face the future with new blood, it will never be all that we want it to be.

These names distinguished themselves in the past, and that's where they belong.

No more Smith, no more Souness and no more McCoist. Close these chapters for good.

I would welcome all three back in a heartbeat - albeit as long as Walter and Ally stayed away from the football side of things. 3 mamoth figures in the game, respected as football men all over the country and beyond - all 3 could have a part to play in our renaissance

I would welcome all three back in a heartbeat - albeit as long as Walter and Ally stayed away from the football side of things. 3 mamoth figures in the game, respected as football men all over the country and beyond - all 3 could have a part to play in our renaissance

That's what's wrong with us - we cling to figures of the past and delude ourselves that they still have something to offer.

During the worst years this club has ever had, Smith and Souness did next to nothing, and yet when blue skies return we should suddenly welcome them back?

Not for me.

I want a re-born Rangers to be a Smith/Souness/McCoist free zone.

Leave the past in the past. Get some new blood in.

That's what's wrong with us - we cling to figures of the past and delude ourselves that they still have something to offer.

During the worst years this club has ever had, Smith and Souness did next to nothing, and yet when blue skies return we should suddenly welcome them back?

Not for me.

I want a re-born Rangers to be a Smith/Souness/McCoist free zone.

Leave the past in the past. Get some new blood in.

it's not an either/or situation. We can enjoy the cotinuity and gravitas afforded the club by having 3 huge footballing figures, whilst also embracing the future/present with some new/very old footballing philosophy, i.e play the game in the right way, the right way today being the most modern and powerful we can afford.

it's not an either/or situation. We can enjoy the cotinuity and gravitas afforded the club by having 3 huge footballing figures, whilst also embracing the future/present with some new/very old footballing philosophy, i.e play the game in the right way, the right way today being the most modern and powerful we can afford.

If it was up to you Ally McCoist would still be manager.

Zero chance as manager.

I'd give Ally the role John Greig used to fill though. He'd make an excellent ambassador away from football management. Maybe not right away as his tenure will be seriously questioned by the next man if he's in any way half decent.

I want Ally to have absolutely no involvement whatsoever personally.

Nothing wrong with these guys coming back if they want to, they'll be welcomed back by the majority when we're flying high.

Souness must be itching to come back instead of what he has now...same with Smith and McCoist. Greats and Rangers go hand in hand.

All should find a part to play with an excellent young or young/experienced manager at the front.