No Ally, no Walter.

We need to move away from that.

Ally is not a manager in a million years and Walter is stuck in the dark ages.

Ally is not a manager we know he was some player though, best of my time, Smith won 9-in-a-row with his dire football and took us to a UEFA Cup Final to boot, best in my lifetime, and he wasn't a particularly great player.

They are not welcome? Sorry, below the belt.

We need to move away yeah. Where to?

Ally is not a manager we know he was some player though, best of my time, Smith won 9-in-a-row with his dire football and took us to a UEFA Cup Final to boot, best in my lifetime, and he wasn't a particularly great player.

We need a new fresh era. Ally or Walter should play no part in it.

The only way Souness would come back is if Brian Kennedy became part of the 'consortium', which I imagine is fairly unlikely as BK has always said he will only come in the absence of anyone else willing and able to 'rescue' the Club. He stated before he prefers to operate himself rather than work as part of a team.

Even then, Souness would be well upstairs i.e. no where near the pitch.

Going back to the way the club used to be run simply isn't viable or does it give good value for money.

All going well in the next few weeks,........there are huge financial challanges ahead and I think any new board would need to bring in a new business/football model that is geared to break-even and develop/improve footballers.

Ironically some of the proposals in the 120 day business review are worth considering regarding the football operation.

I get the impression none of your posts are serious but where we need to move to is the 21st century because the football we have played for the last decade has been 19th century.

I don't think we can afford to invent jobs for the boys to be honest. We need a clearance of all the money grabbers first to stop the haemorrhaging of money. Then we should have a look at what professional positions need to be filled. The best people available should get the position and not just old club skeletons.

The only way Souness would come back is if Brian Kennedy became part of the 'consortium', which I imagine is fairly unlikely as BK has always said he will only come in the absence of anyone else willing and able to 'rescue' the Club. He stated before he prefers to operate himself rather than work as part of a team.

Even then, Souness would be well upstairs i.e. no where near the pitch.

What would Souness bring? He is a man with a certain gravitas but what would he actually do? What would Walter Smith bring? He was chairman of the club and was miles out of his depth. McCoist? Director of football? God forbid.

I'd only use them to front up a fan ownership option but I'm not convinced that any of them actually believe in the concept. They never seemed to in the past.

I don't think we can afford to invent jobs for the boys to be honest. We need a clearance of all the money grabbers first to stop the haemorrhaging of money. Then we should have a look at what professional positions need to be filled. The best people available should get the position and not just old club skeletons.

The fact that Dave King, Douglas Park, George Letham, George Taylor are major shareholders, means we have an anchor and a link to the past. We can have traditions and heritage but with a new modern club ethos.