Plenty folk get bevvied before the game anyway, so it really wouldn't make much difference, plus the price of a pint in a plastic cup from a concourse kiosk would probably be about 5 or 6 quid, so it might not be very popular. :D

I hate plastic cups it would certainly put me off. I do however remember the 1980 cup final when bottles were flying down on us from our own support so I can see why they are needed.

I hate plastic cups it would certainly put me off. I do however remember the 1980 cup final when bottles were flying down on us from our own support so I can see why they are needed.

that is the very reason alcohol was banned from grounds in Scotland in the first place, as well as searches taking place during entrance, all down to that game and the aftermath.

that is the very reason alcohol was banned from grounds in Scotland in the first place, as well as searches taking place during entrance, all down to that game and the aftermath.

Archie's classic "its like a scene from Apocalypse Now" :box:

the Rangers fans were incited by two septic fans kicking an inflatable ball into the net at the Rangers end and then the bottles started, Rangers fans went on to the pitch to escape the deluge of bottles coming from the rear of the Rangers end and a few decided to chase the two septic fans back to their own end, which just started surge and counter surge, with the eventual arrival of the Strathclyde cavalry to add to the mayhem.

as myself and friends left I jokingly stated that it will be on the UK news headlines and sure enough when I arrived home, it was.

Edited by MikeN63
misspelling