Yesterday, I was having a discussion with a couple of mates, Dumbarton had just scored and another cross into our box had been poorly defended. "Big Jig is well done", opined mate seated to my left; "the Yahoos will exploit him time and again on the 1st of February", chimes mate seated to my right. Conclusion is we need fresh investment, to resolve another most urgent issue.

Where does the cash come from? Dearest David has informed us that the monies from the sale of Lewis MacLeod are to be utilised immediately as working capital. Lee Wallace's body language suggested he might be next to be sold. Mate seated to my left suggested David save the opportunity cost of sending desperate e-mails at 04.00hrs on Boxing Day, "better selling his arse in the leather bars of Brighton". I don't think the purveyor of wet fishery has much of a future in rough trade?

Thus, Kyle Hutton's boots seem the best bet. They look to be size 15/16? I suspect several hundred Syrians would be willing to cough up several hundred pounds each to sail to Italy on Kyle's footwear. I note the abandoned freighter in the Med' on Thursday, realise £3million to the disappearing Skipper and crew. There you go, drive your Bentley to coastal Syria and resolve our central defensive problems.

Please note David, before you conclude this to be a ridiculous idea; well, you started it. Now, fuck off!

Bad language brings nothing to any post

I would agree with you 99.9999999999999 of the times but after Somers recent showings I can understand it this time.

I don't think many will be giving him any flowers when he leaves.

Late on Hogmanay, I sent this little missive to our esteemed chairman. No response from him yet, but that does not entirely surprise me!

Dear Sir,

David Somers - just a wet fish

I wish to share a public view of you flagged up by Colin Kingsnorth of Laxey Partners posted online today.

As a shareholder of RIFC, I have raised my concerns with the Nomad under Aim Rules, ER2, for Nomad, As they say North of the border, your jacket is on a shoogly nail. Time for you to go. Please do not collect a bag of loot on your way.

Be aware that I fully intend to draw this matter to the attention of Aim Regulation.

Yours faithfully,

govan_derriere

RIFC shareholder

On PA wires: Laxey partners chairman Colin Kingsnorth confirms he has sold his 16% stake to the Three Bears: "I sold because a fans-based group were hopefully going to be the best placed to take on Ashley's power. After Ashley removed Norman Crighton, Ashley's most vocal critic, it was obvious David Somers was just a wet fish agreeing anything Ashley wanted. I am sure the Three Bears are an upgrade on us for fans and hopefully this is the start of the ownership being in the right hands."