Looks like KJ expects an announcement soon - possibly tomorrow morning.

Funding needed by early next week.

@tedermeatballs: this is why a decision is imminent. The funding has to be in place by start of next week.

@tedermeatballs: if you recall when ashley's loan was chosen ahead of Kennedy's it was finalised on Saturday morning.

@tedermeatballs: i think it's 6.5m loan for two seats on the board.

@tedermeatballs: or turn down both and take Big Mike's cash instead!!

@tedermeatballs: because they are out of cash early next week.

Looks like KJ expects an announcement soon - possibly tomorrow morning.

@tedermeatballs: this is why a decision is imminent. The funding has to be in place by start of next week.

@tedermeatballs: if you recall when ashley's loan was chosen ahead of Kennedy's it was finalised on Saturday morning.

@tedermeatballs: i think it's 6.5m loan for two seats on the board.

@tedermeatballs: or turn down both and take Big Mike's cash instead!!

@tedermeatballs: because they are out of cash early next week.

If Sarver's timing was off, Ashley#s timing is impeccable.

looks like kj expects an announcement soon - possibly tomorrow morning.

@tedermeatballs: This is why a decision is imminent. The funding has to be in place by start of next week.

@tedermeatballs: If you recall when ashley's loan was chosen ahead of kennedy's it was finalised on saturday morning.

@tedermeatballs: I think it's 6.5m loan for two seats on the board.

@tedermeatballs: Or turn down both and take big mike's cash instead!!

@tedermeatballs: Because they are out of cash early next week.

KJ ....lol.

Edited by RANGERRAB

RANGERS INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB PLC

("Rangers" or the "Company")

Statement of intention not to make an offer under rule 2.8 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers

It was announced on 8 January 2015 that Robert Sarver had made a revised proposal to the board of Rangers that may or may not lead to an offer being made for the Company by Robert Sarver (or a vehicle to be established and controlled by him). It was announced by Rangers this morning that the board of the Company had rejected that revised proposal on the basis that they felt it unlikely that the approval of shareholders holding sufficient shares would be forthcoming, and that therefore the board did not intend to hold the general meeting that would be necessary to implement the proposal. The board did not make any counter proposal.

Robert Sarver today announces that as a result of the board's failure to provide a counter proposal or to engage in any meaningful negotiations with him, he does not now intend to make an offer for Rangers.

Robert Sarver commented:

"I'm disappointed the Rangers board has rejected my revised offer, which addressed the club's immediate and long-term needs. Clearly the current directors have a different path they want to go down. I hope for the sake of the club and the fans, who've been very warm and supportive towards me, that it works out. I wish the club and fans the best of luck. If they want my support in the future, then they only have to ask."

Grant Russell @STVGrant · 11s 12 seconds ago

Sarver: "I'm disappointed the Rangers board rejected my revised offer. Clearly current directors have a different path they want to go down"

Grant Russell @STVGrant · 45s 46 seconds ago

Robert Sarver announces "he does not now intend to make an offer for Rangers."