Did I not read that it was David Robertson that had alerted him to it?

Yes, apparently - but would Sarver simply take Davie Robert son's advice ?? and why would he ??? All a bit weird.

It is all too random. Has to be an Ashley / Green connection.

Edited by MoodyBlue

In fairness, things are moving at a very fast pace at the moment and although the article about the AJ interview states 'last night', we don't know exactly when the interview was conducted. I'd assume that it was 'last night' UK time, but that could be as early as 5pm or 6pm meaning AJ had been caught off guard and not had time to catch up with unfolding events yesterday.

Edited by Zappa

David Mason, Rangers historian wrote this earlier on Facebook...

The Robert Sarver interest has been ongoing for a few weeks. It has not been played through the media and he has done his due diligence and approached this in a thoroughly professional manner. He has no connections with the Park or King groups, but I gather from press reports he would work with all parties keen on the club progressing. His interest is in taking the club back to the top and into the Champions League - and has the resources to get the club there. This is a great opportunity for Rangers, but we will need to see how it plays out from here.

He has taken advice from some Rangers sources, but, in keeping with the professionalism of the man, the business will conducted behind closed doors, I imagine.

and later wrote this...

This has been and will be done in a proper Rangers manner, with due respect for all the parties.

And...

I gather if he is successful, he will invest a substantial amount of money into the team, immediately!

Now, take it or leave it, but this man is in with the bricks at Ibrox. He was in charge of the loving cup ceremony yesterday, and may be a bit closer to the action than many.

Just passing on the info...

Dont have a clue about this bid or person but what David Mason writes above tends to ring alarm bells wrt the customary 'spin points'.

I'm not saying that it would be David Mason that is spinning, he may simply be using some info given to him indirectly.

Wrote the above yesterday.

Very much with the AJ line on this.

Until you earn Trust with Real Transparency, plans and money................you simply don't get any, it should be our default setting.

ESPN reporting that Davie Robertson coaches his kids in a Phoenix youth program and a Robertson explained our plight. It piqued his interest.

Also reporting he wanted lock, stick and barrel but now he can't get that he wants whatever is left.

Also saying he wants to invest "substantially" to take is back to the top.

If he, the 3 Bears and King can work together this could be as close to a panacea as we could hope to come.

Also opens up REAL partnership opportunities with a US brand.

The guy refunded 13000 fans because his coach rested star players in a pre season friendly. And his team were shit.. Dear doctor poor guy cost him a fortune if he had been at ibrox this year

Edited by blueflag

from FF

[TABLE=class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt2][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD]jgdisco1 user_offline.gif

On The Bench

[/TD]

[TD=width: 100%] [/TD]

[TD]Join Date: 30-07-2006

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: alt1]icon1.gif Re: Checkmate

All - I'm backing my post. The Barry Leach contract is not so surprising as this would allow him to get a formal pay-off when such matters come to a final end.

As per post the key here is Ashley and his crew being sensible about loan repayments, distribution deals etc. If he's sensible then this will be checkmate.

I note some saying I live in Australia - I used too, not now. Do I have the best source around all of the stuff happening, I think it's pretty damn solid, but there will be others who have info also as always the case.

Everything so far has turned out as iv been informed - crunch time is here and I still believe that with a few decisive steps checkmate is going to be here.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]