Part of me thinks that this bid has been kept up the sleeves of the current board as part of their exit strategy eg. to inflate the price of the remaining shares and achieve the highest possible return on what they hold.

But then I've become somewhat of a cynic when it comes to Rangers....I wonder why :-)

The guys is credible, extremely wealthy, has very successful businesses and appears to have a genuine passion for sport.

I'd say that's a great start.

Unlike other shysters we have been putting up with in recent years, this guy won't be interested in getting his hands on 'assets' in f.ucking Govan. His banking business is worth £7bn ffs - I'm not sure he has his eyes on the training centre, Edmiston House or the Albion car park !! I believe he just wants the passion, success and glory from owning a European 'soccer' club.

Has genuine intentions for us IMO and I believe he's coming at it form a sporting angle more so than a business one.

I'm certainly no expert, but that doesn't seem like a lot for a bank.

I'm certainly no expert, but that doesn't seem like a lot for a bank.

I hear what you are saying mate. I guess what I'm pointing out is that this guy has genuine wealth and it is visible for anyone who is curious about his wealth and/or business accumen and his successes over the years.

I hear what you are saying mate. I guess what I'm pointing out is that this guy has genuine wealth and it is visible for anyone who is curious about his wealth and/or business accumen and his successes over the years.

He may well be the real deal, but his statement today did little to convince me that his 'bid' was serious, or indeed genuine. From the information that I have read on him, he appears to be a basketball nut who loves his home state and his family. Time will tell.

Yes - and I feel Ashley will play more games with us before long - like today probably !

Scunnered with the whole thing.

Even with my natural tendency to veer towards pessimism, things appear to be in a far better place now than they were a week ago.

Courage, brother, do not stumble

Though thy path be dark as night

There’s a Bear to guide the humble

Trust in King and do the right. ;)

Someone whipped up this chart about the current shareholdings. Quite a few ifs and buts and conjecture, but that is to be expected:

2znvi12.jpg

(Snatched from the German board)

King 14.6

Taylor 9.3

Park 6.1

Letham 4.1

Ally/w 1.5

35.6% can be relied upon

even with River and Mercantile proxy - IF they have that still isn't control is it?

I can't see them relying on EVERY single fan voting the right way IMO

Still some way off out right control IMO.