while it is understandable i think their is a danger of us becoming to paranoid here.

sarver isn't my first choice because we need people we can fully trust but he is offering to put 20 million in here. we should be careful about alienating him. he can gain trust over time if he gets the keys and appoints the right people.

we need huge investment and we should explore all possibilities.

Don't buy that DR could sell him the idea to throw millions at a bottomless pit with a raging fire burning most who go near.

Another American came, looked at the books and fled.

Further down the line, the situation is worse and we suddenly get this guy without a good reason or a viable plan.

Sorry, but as it stands, it smells of shite.

Got to say I agree even though I would like to believe in this guy. On one condition - that we don't end up as a one man show again. He would need to be willing to work with at least King or the 3Bs.

I think I can smell Ashley off this guy for some reason. I think he is maybe an Ashley plant to divide and conquer the non-Ashley faction.

C'mon, he wants to make money, pure and simple. He see's an opportunity to make millions, it's really not rocket science there is no point in speculating on any other motive. He's an American banker, he has no Scottish blood, no connection to this city, he's not even some mad born again Proddy looking to use the club to spread-the-word.

Here's the thing, if he (anyone) can buy us for say 25p a share, fix us so we aren't haemorrhaging money, which shouldn't be that hard in all seriousness, get us promoted to the top flight again and competing at the top of the league then our club will at least double in value. Celtic shares, even with no Champion's League money this season, are trading at around 75p currently, so ours reaching 50p a share shouldn't be beyond us. There's a lot of disinformation around just now, the 'investment' needed in the club isn't so vast, most of the playing staff are out of contract in the summer, the wage bill will be a fraction of what it is currently without doing anything.

He see's an opportunity, whether he can pull it off or not is moot.

C'mon, he wants to make money, pure and simple. He see's an opportunity to make millions, it's really not rocket science there is no point in speculating on any other motive. He's an American banker, he has no Scottish blood, no connection to this city, he's not even some mad born again Proddy looking to use the club to spread-the-word.

Here's the thing, if he (anyone) can buy us for say 25p a share, fix us so we aren't haemorrhaging money, which shouldn't be that hard in all seriousness, get us promoted to the top flight again and competing at the top of the league then our club will at least double in value. Celtic shares, even with no Champion's League money this season, are trading at around 75p currently, so ours reaching 50p a share shouldn't be beyond us. There's a lot of disinformation around just now, the 'investment' needed in the club isn't so vast, most of the playing staff are out of contract in the summer, the wage bill will be a fraction of what it is currently without doing anything.

I agree with the pragmatic sense in what you say, and doing the maths I can't argue. However if we are such a cherry pick financially why aren't many more than him over us like a rash (discounting Ashley of course)?

trouble with that is the huge number of 20p shares we are about to end up with. celtc have around 100 million in circulation.

sarvers bid would put us at 180 million and i suspect another 100 million will need to be issued.

they wont hit the 75p a share that would make us worth 3 times celtc.

Got to say I agree even though I would like to believe in this guy. On one condition - that we don't end up as a one man show again. He would need to be willing to work with at least King or the 3Bs.

I think I can smell Ashley off this guy for some reason. I think he is maybe an Ashley plant to divide and conquer the non-Ashley faction.

I centre my scepticism on the lack of credible detail on motives, plans and necessary finance going forward.

A lack of detail should be met by scepticism, it should be standard.

Edited by buster.

we have a marked cap of around 20 million celtc 3 times that.

so you can perhaps expect the share price to tripple. but not if you issue more shares.

the 180 million sarver is proposing would with a market cap the same as celtc see a share price of around 34p.

any more shares issued and you really struggle to get to 20p even.

something else we can thank green and his 20 million 1 p shares for. partly at least.

Edited by the gunslinger

Our recent history shows that this is a very short sighted view. The truth is we have no idea what his intentions are and after the last few years we should be very skeptical.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

while it is understandable i think their is a danger of us becoming to paranoid here.

sarver isn't my first choice because we need people we can fully trust but he is offering to put 20 million in here. we should be careful about alienating him. he can gain trust over time if he gets the keys and appoints the right people.

we need huge investment and we should explore all possibilities.

Being sceptical about the motives of some random from the US who has popped up from nowhere, with an 'ex-Rangers player' cover story, is not paranoia, it's a necessity.