Prior managed to acquire shares. Laxey managed to acquire additional shares.They voted off Crichton but they wouldnt have voted off someone whom the fans could have identified with.

prior didn't he said he would. laxley did at a closes share issue.

the last point makes no sense of course they would. infact they would never have appointed one.

We don't need to be worth three times Celtic, just more than someone is willing to pay for us today. Hey, it's a gamble, there are no guarantees. But I can't see owning a Scotch soccer team cutting a great deal of ice down at the Mirabel Country Club or Pheonix Rotarian bridge nights.

we do to hit your 75 p a share target.

I'm not buying into us needing "Rangers men" as owners. I will happily take Warren Buffett right this minute.

I would prefer that we get someone with the business credentials, know how, vision and forward thinking to turn our ship around. I care not what his creed, colour, religion or nationality are. All I care about is "Is he good enough to put Rangers back where it needs to be" and "Is he bona fide, above board and looking to lead by example in terms of honesty and integrity".

I find it disappointing that we continually have to hang our hat on "Rangers men" - that isn't a slight on the 3 Bears or Dave King, it is that I find it bemusing that we would be prepared to turn other people away who could very well be suitable. If Jerry Jones of the Cowboys, Robert Kraft of the Patriots or George Steinbrenner of the Yankees showed up we would be saying "Thanks but no Thanks - you aren't a Rangers man" - all 3 of whom are fine examples of how to take a sporting franchise (yes, albeit a US one) and enhance it's value

Do you feel the skills are transferable Craig? American sport is quite different from European sport, the franchise system, the manufactured equality of the league, the fact the NFL, NBA and major league baseball are basically the Champion's League not some backwater provincial league.

Liverpool are on their second American owner, the first guys were deeply unpopular, John Henry seems more popular but Liverpool are still punching well below their weight globally. Aston Villa fight relegation every season and Man Utd are being milked as a cash cow.

Rangers aren't a franchise and our culture means anyone making money out of the club will be despised by the support, it's not how our sport has evolved. We are are run at breakeven by people who care for the club or at a loss by wealthy people as a hobby. I'm not sure any other system works in the UK.

It's good to know that you continue look after my interests but trust you'll understand if I am equally sceptical about your advice.

Regardless of the reasons for Mr Carver's interest I'm comforted that in Mr Johnston's opinion he is both credible and high calibre.

You often point to historical track records and CV's wrt individuals involved or looking to be involved with Rangers but yet you pointedly ignore advice from someone with a 100% record in the relevant area.

:flute:

Edited by buster.

we do to hit your 75 p a share target.

I don't have a 75p target, I think you misread my original post. He only has to make the club worth more than he paid for it. If Celtic are worth 75p a share and we're in the low 20p bracket then their is scope for that rising clearly.

I'm not buying into us needing "Rangers men" as owners. I will happily take Warren Buffett right this minute.

I would prefer that we get someone with the business credentials, know how, vision and forward thinking to turn our ship around. I care not what his creed, colour, religion or nationality are. All I care about is "Is he good enough to put Rangers back where it needs to be" and "Is he bona fide, above board and looking to lead by example in terms of honesty and integrity".

I find it disappointing that we continually have to hang our hat on "Rangers men" - that isn't a slight on the 3 Bears or Dave King, it is that I find it bemusing that we would be prepared to turn other people away who could very well be suitable. If Jerry Jones of the Cowboys, Robert Kraft of the Patriots or George Steinbrenner of the Yankees showed up we would be saying "Thanks but no Thanks - you aren't a Rangers man" - all 3 of whom are fine examples of how to take a sporting franchise (yes, albeit a US one) and enhance it's value

I agree with this but at least with Rangers men it rapidly diminishes the risk of them attempting to fleece us. Doesn't mean they'll be competent though.

so given that and the requirement for more investment to take us anywhere is their really any value in buying us.

Well that would be for Mr Sarver and his advisers to decide but on the face of it he seems like a pretty shrewd businessman to me.

NB: I have not done due diligence :D

Do you feel the skills are transferable Craig? American sport is quite different from European sport, the franchise system, the manufactured equality of the league, the fact the NFL, NBA and major league baseball are basically the Champion's League not some backwater provincial league.

Liverpool are on their second American owner, the first guys were deeply unpopular, John Henry seems more popular but Liverpool are still punching well below their weight globally. Aston Villa fight relegation every season and Man Utd are being milked as a cash cow.

Rangers aren't a franchise and our culture means anyone making money out of the club will be despised by the support, it's not how our sport has evolved. We are are run at breakeven by people who care for the club or at a loss by wealthy people as a hobby. I'm not sure any other system works in the UK.

Man Utd have spent over £210m in the last 18 months, don't think their fans can complain much about that.

If George Steinbrenner turns up, anything else he does after that will be a piece of piss.

These are all excellent points but perhaps a mix of the two cultures might not go amiss?

How about some cheerleaders (we did have some for a while), pre match entertainment (no, not the BB pipe band), half time entertainment (no, not the stupid can you get the ball though the hole in the goals), proper marketing, far more flexible pricing etc?

I agree with Craig, just because some investors are so-called Rangers men doesn't mean they are going to be fantastic at running the Club. Mr King, for example, doesn't have much of a track record from that point of view and who knows whether running a car franchise is transferable to running a football club? It may well be, but we don't know at this point in time.

What we need is a bunch of well-heeled smart businessmen who are also football fanatics and yes it would be nice if some of them understood the traditions of our Club or better still were long time supporters but that is by no means a prerequisite to success in my eyes.

Edited by BrahimHemdani