This is turning into a complete distortion of reality. The support for the 'Rangers men' versus the support for the American is a complete load of nonsense, and do you know what, if he is Ashley's man put in there to divide and conquer the anti-Ashley support he is doing a damn good job already. No, scratch that remark - we're doing a good job on our own.

It's not about 'Rangers men' versus others. As I said earlier if Brian Kennedy was back in trying to save us (with enough financial backing this time) he would be getting full support from the fans, and he is a Hibs man!!

Edited by Anchorman

You often point to historical track records and CV's wrt individuals involved or looking to be involved with Rangers but yet you pointedly ignore advice from someone with a 100% record in the relevant area.

:flute:

Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance

Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance

You are struggling again BH.

If one refuses to learn from poor past performance then you are more liable to repeat your mistakes.

I pointed out that your use of what AJ had to say was somewhat selective, unbalanced and without just qualification given the impression you painted.

If you did this knowingly, then why ?

Edited by buster.

I am not forming any opinion on Mr Sarver at the moment.

It is fine to discuss things but to dismiss him out of hand is hasty. We should wait and see what unfolds.

Oops, last time I said something like that we got Charlie Green and I got a lifetime ban from another forum :eek: Hope that isn't an omen.

I am not forming any opinion on Mr Sarver at the moment.

It is fine to discuss things but to dismiss him out of hand is hasty. We should wait and see what unfolds.

Oops, last time I said something like that we got Charlie Green and I got a lifetime ban from another forum :eek: Hope that isn't an omen.

That Kerriedale Street forum can be strict as hell :razz:

Man Utd have spent over £210m in the last 18 months, don't think their fans can complain much about that.

Well a section of their support was so hacked off they left and formed a new club. By any measurement Manchester Utd have not improved under the Glazers, the club has spent over £680 million simply servicing their debt since the glazers took over. Think about that figure for a minute.

Again, based on what ? How do you know he is only interested in money and power ?

Based on my lifetime experience, every millionaire I've met was the same. Granted some millionaires help out a sporting institution e.g. Elton John, Jack Warner, Dave Whelan but they were local and supporters of their clubs. What's in it for him? It makes no sense that he is being philanthropic plenty he could do in the US.

These are all excellent points but perhaps a mix of the two cultures might not go amiss?

How about some cheerleaders (we did have some for a while), pre match entertainment (no, not the BB pipe band), half time entertainment (no, not the stupid can you get the ball though the hole in the goals), proper marketing, far more flexible pricing etc?

I agree with Craig, just because some investors are so-called Rangers men doesn't mean they are going to be fantastic at running the Club. Mr King, for example, doesn't have much of a track record from that point of view and who knows whether running a car franchise is transferable to running a football club? It may well be, but we don't know at this point in time.

What we need is a bunch of well-heeled smart businessmen who are also football fanatics and yes it would be nice if some of them understood the traditions of our Club or better still were long time supporters but that is by no means a prerequisite to success in my eyes.

Valid points, the 'fan' on the board can get carried away 'chasing the dream' and bankrupt us just as easily as the incompetent or corrupt director. There is no guarantee any of those interested in the club can run it correctly, but the very basic business premise of not spending more than you make would be a start and you'd hope at least one of them understood that.

For clarity I'm not criticising Craig, I'm genuinely interested in his take on the compatibility of the two sporting cultures.

This guy has Ashley written all over him. I'd stay well clear

Grant Russell @STVGrant · 6m 6 minutes ago

Spokesman for Robert Sarver: “To be very clear, Mr Sarver has never met or spoken to Mike Ashley, Sandy Easdale or James Easdale."

Spokesman for Sarver: “And for the complete avoidance of doubt, he has never met or spoken to Charles Green or Craig Whyte."

Sarver spokesman: “Mr Sarver is acting on his own behalf".