Is a change of 1st team captain maybe a good idea?

I'm just thinking with Jig having bizarrely been promoted to player/coach in the 1st team and with him seeming to be undroppable due to also being team captain, is it maybe time Kenny McDowall and Gordon Durie considered giving the captain's armband to someone else?

Edited by Zappa

If I were to speak to K. McD now I would tell him to sort out the defence, he has 4 weeks to drop Jig, work and organise the defence either that or he will go down as being the Rangers Manager when we get a tanking from them.

As an aside . . Ally leaving your mate to go through this is the worst thing I can think of, glad your not mine.

McCulloch should be nowhere near a Rangers jersey, nevermind captain.

Unfortunately Ally has assembled a squad of weak individuals who couldn't lead or captain a group of Girl Guides. So there are not many other options.

But getting rid of jig would be a step in the right direction.

I was furious when we signed him and remain so.

Edited by MoodyBlue

Why did I think of the Titanic, when I saw the title of this thread?

Does that mean you think it would be a bad idea?

I'm actually not sure myself because Jig has pals in the team (and dressing room), so a change of captain could cause division or certainly bad vibes.

It's an interesting one actually because I read the discussion on the match thread about Lee Wallace not celebrating his goal and strangely, nobody mentioned the fact that he was right over to Ian Black when he was subbed at Easter Road and that he might be sort of siding with his ex-Hearts teammate.

That train of thought then leads on to others such as the possibility of a little ex-Hearts clique having formed in the team due to Ally having signed so many ex-Hearts players.....