board in contact with king and 3 bears in attempt to save club.

I could see it happening too.

McCoist is already being paid as the manager of Rangers. A new board that knows him and likes him may well bring him back unless he really wants out and is happy to settle for a lump sum. It's hard to see his gardening leave continuing with a friendly board running the show.

He could even return as a director of football, and Walter Smith is surely odds-on to become a director again - or maybe he could become director of football.

God help us!

I think myself that McCoist's volte-face could indeed have been part of the strategy.

The alternative is that he walks away with nothing.

God help us!

I think myself that McCoist's volte-face could indeed have been part of the strategy.

The alternative is that he walks away with nothing.

if he walks away with nothing, can you imagine the faces on Easdale & Llambias., knowing that he helped bring them down!!

Grant Russell@STVGrant 2m2 minutes ago

STV understands the SPFL has sought clarity from Rangers over possible rule breach over claims of an overdue tax bill http://bit.ly/1BpW5j4

keith jackson@tedermeatballs 17m17 minutes ago

SPFL satisfied Rangers are NOT guilty of breach of rule E20 on defaulting on NI payments. Curiouser and curiouser.

Bringing back Ally would be a massive own goal.

The hope would be that a manager has already been chosen a month ago and has been doing his work and knows straight away what he wants to do with players coming in, leaving, and such.

If that isn't the case then we won't have.much change by the end of the window, maybe a few panic buys, but not enough I think to even get close to hearts, and possibly fighting for that 3 rd place.

The sooner we are rid of Irvine and his paymasters the better. trying to spin Easdale as a saviour.

Amazing that he's still working for Sandy Easdale at all when Easdale has previously categorically stated that Jack Irvine no longer worked for him in any capacity.