Rangers First are now Ibrox club's 12th largest shareholder

Fan ownership group Rangers First have become the 12th largest shareholder in Rangers after increasing their stake to 1.14million shares.

The group now own 1.4 per cent of the Ibrox outfit.

Former defenders Richard Gough and John Brown joined ex-Light Blues striker Gordon Smith at a Q&A session with supporters in Glasgow on Sunday morning to confirm the latest figures.

Rangers First have more than 7,500 members making monthly donations which are then used to buy shares.

Gough, a Rangers First member, said: "I congratulate everyone at Rangers First for reaching this impressive total in such a short space of time. Every vote will count at the forthcoming general meeting and I urge all supporters and shareholders to back fan ownership groups and vote for Dave King."

Brown added: "Rangers fans around the world want their club back and Rangers First deserve great credit for buying so many shares in recent months.

"This 1.4 per cent stake will be crucial at next month's general meeting and I am sure all fans will continue to back Rangers First."

Smith said: "The last three years have been difficult for all supporters, but Rangers First have shown there is a genuine appetite for fan ownership and this 1.4 per cent stake in the club gives them an important voice.

"I have no doubt their numbers will continue to grow beyond the 7,500 members they already have and they can have a big say in the running of their club in the future."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/u/fan-group-rangers-first-are-now-clubs-12th-largest-shareholder.1423402124